Utrecht shooting: 'At least one dead' after 'potential terror attack' on tram

pineapplemike

Re: Utrecht shooting: 'At least one dead' after 'potential terror attack' on tram

Post by pineapplemike » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:33 am

man if i landed in jail for every offhand comment i've made on the internet...

*checks post count*

heydaralon

Re: Utrecht shooting: 'At least one dead' after 'potential terror attack' on tram

Post by heydaralon » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:34 am

pineapplemike wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:33 am

*checks post count*
You deserve it though prick.
Shikata ga nai

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:35 am

heydaralon wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:34 am
pineapplemike wrote:

*checks post count*
target acquired

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:45 am

Hastur wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:11 am
heydaralon wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:53 pm
Hastur wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:17 pm
Richard Lionheart also died of sepsis. He had the time to meet the young crossbow man who killed him. Forgave him, gave him 100 shillings and sent him on his way.
That's worth a ticket to Valhalla.

I am very interested in the third crusade, and Richard's supposed relationship with Saladin. Its weird man, there are very few books on this for the layman. It is either salacious bullshit, or "bury my heart at Dan Carlin Commie knee" revisionism. The third crusade is the one people discuss, but the actual antagonists have become more lore than fact from what little I've read about it. Are you big on the Crusades?
I'm not big on the Crusades. It was like ISIS is today. A lot of bored unemployed violent men going to the holy land to kill, loot and set up some kind of mythical holy nation. Bound to fail.

Richard Lionheart is interesting. He seems to have been totally uninterested in the fruits of his victories. Except for Glory. He was all about glory. The Viking blood ran strong in him. To a Viking warrior, the reputation was what mattered. Fight well and die well and you become immortal. It was a functioning heuristic. We still remember the great warriors. Everything points towards Richard being a huge asshole who spent his time fucking things up. Not caring about anyone or anything except his own Glory.
Contrast that with his brother John. John was a lot less Viking. He was almost messianic in the way he sacrificed his legacy. By doing so he laid the foundation for constitutionalism in England and thereby also the rule of law, liberty, human rights, and Western Culture.

But Richard is the hero in our myth and John is the villain. They both won.
That is pretty funny because Lackland is always portrayed as this tyrant asshole with the Lion being this chivalrous honorable warrior who had this weird gentlemen's agreement with the equally noble Saladin. Robin Hood just wanted to get some deer meat from the forest and John was being a stingy dickwad.

I mean you are really into pirate history right? Robin Hood should be right up your alley. The Ridley Scott one was disappointing to me.
Last edited by heydaralon on Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shikata ga nai

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:00 am

pineapplemike wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:35 am
heydaralon wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:34 am
pineapplemike wrote:

*checks post count*
target acquired
Lock this guy up! I'm not sure 14 years is even enough for his "hateful speech"!!
Any electric chairs or guillotines still around??

The state has now decided.... "Target acquired", but that's ok, that's their job right?

Just look at all those targets engaged in "hate speech".

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:08 am

Hastur wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:17 am
TheReal_ND wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:36 am
Nice Sa 23 SMG (or 24 ?). Czech quality. You can see where Uziel Gal got the inspiration for the Uzi.
It is a beaut isn't it?

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:12 am

heydaralon wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:45 am
Hastur wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:53 pm

I am very interested in the third crusade, and Richard's supposed relationship with Saladin. Its weird man, there are very few books on this for the layman. It is either salacious bullshit, or "bury my heart at Dan Carlin Commie knee" revisionism. The third crusade is the one people discuss, but the actual antagonists have become more lore than fact from what little I've read about it. Are you big on the Crusades?
I'm not big on the Crusades. It was like ISIS is today. A lot of bored unemployed violent men going to the holy land to kill, loot and set up some kind of mythical holy nation. Bound to fail.

Richard Lionheart is interesting. He seems to have been totally uninterested in the fruits of his victories. Except for Glory. He was all about glory. The Viking blood ran strong in him. To a Viking warrior, the reputation was what mattered. Fight well and die well and you become immortal. It was a functioning heuristic. We still remember the great warriors. Everything points towards Richard being a huge asshole who spent his time fucking things up. Not caring about anyone or anything except his own Glory.
Contrast that with his brother John. John was a lot less Viking. He was almost messianic in the way he sacrificed his legacy. By doing so he laid the foundation for constitutionalism in England and thereby also the rule of law, liberty, human rights, and Western Culture.

That is pretty funny because Lackland is always portrayed as this tyrant asshole with the Lion being this chivalrous honorable warrior who had this weird gentlemen's agreement with the equally noble Saladin. Robin Hood just wanted to get some deer meat from the forest and John was being a stingy dickwad.

I mean you are really into pirate history right? Robin Hood should be right up your alley. The Ridley Scott one was disappointing to me.
Robin and Marian (1976) is the best Robin Hood movie. Richard Harris does a brilliant assholish Richard I and Robert Shaw is the most sympathetic Sheriff of Nottingham ever.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:18 am

Hastur wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:12 am
heydaralon wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:45 am
Hastur wrote:

Robin and Marian (1976) is the best Robin Hood movie. Richard Harris does a brilliant assholish Richard I and Robert Shaw is the most sympathetic Sheriff of Nottingham ever.

I thought King John was the ruler during the Robin Hood legends. Holy shit, this has sean connery. I gotta watch this one.
Shikata ga nai

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:26 am

Ok, turns out I don't know shit about Robin Hood. I always thought he was a peasant who stole from the rich. Turns out he was a crusader. I'll be dipped in shit. I saw an old one from the 60's and of course the disney animated one. I think they just made another one with Jaime Fox which looks awful. The Ridley one could have been decent, because that guy makes good battle scenes, but it was not to be. i though Scott revised the legend, but he was actually on point in many ways.
Shikata ga nai

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:35 am

Everybody was taught as a kid that Robin Hood "stole" from the "rich."

What he did was to stomp a mudhole in the ass of the state and its crooked-ass gangsters.

Sic Semper Tyrannus