The internet takeover thread

clubgop

Re: The internet takeover thread

Post by clubgop » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:58 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:48 am
Honestly, one way Netflix fucked up when they transitioned from a web-based recommender system to a streaming service was in not capturing that space for a social network centered around entertainment.

The Netflix platform in the early to mid-2000s was almost a social network in it's own right, with user profiles, likes, groups, playlists, etc. They needed more forums.

If I were Netflix, I would have tried to buy the Hollywood Exchange, or duplicate that kind of futures market and integrate it into the Netflix platform. The data from that exchange is valuable and easily exploitable for any recommendation system.
They were right to ignore that potential, they have a core business, running a social network becomes a full time job no one really wants. Screw that stuff.
Last edited by clubgop on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:02 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:28 am

another miscommunication
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:29 pm

clubgop wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:29 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:43 am
clubgop wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:51 pm

My God, the whole English faggot thing, being an enemy combatant in hockey talk operations. Is there ever a time where you support free speech that is the better question.
The thing where that guy was standing outside a courthouse screaming at people and got arrested? Yeah, pretty sure that’s not a first amendment thing.

The hockey talk thing was ridiculous, but surprisingly it wasn’t a government censorship issue.

The First Amendment does not protect you from me telling you to shut the fuck up.
It does precisely that. You want and wish the government to enforce your words. No, not the Tommy Robinson thing, but I could add that to the list, thanks, if a liberal does it you call it reporting and name him Jim Acosta, because you are a liberal hack bitch, also your equation that wearing a hat is ok and so is an assault for wearing said hat.
Intentionally wearing an opposing gang symbol to a gang rally is pretty much asking for an assault, yes.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:41 pm

Some real hot takes guys

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:04 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:29 pm
clubgop wrote:
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:43 am

The thing where that guy was standing outside a courthouse screaming at people and got arrested? Yeah, pretty sure that’s not a first amendment thing.

The hockey talk thing was ridiculous, but surprisingly it wasn’t a government censorship issue.

The First Amendment does not protect you from me telling you to shut the fuck up.
It does precisely that. You want and wish the government to enforce your words. No, not the Tommy Robinson thing, but I could add that to the list, thanks, if a liberal does it you call it reporting and name him Jim Acosta, because you are a liberal hack bitch, also your equation that wearing a hat is ok and so is an assault for wearing said hat.
Intentionally wearing an opposing gang symbol to a gang rally is pretty much asking for an assault, yes.
You're such a pathetic lying faggot.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:28 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:04 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
clubgop wrote:

Prove me wrong. Go to the south side of Chicago at night, wearing a bright red or blue outfit.

Even better, go to some event that’s known to be promoted by one color, and wear the opposite one.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:36 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:28 pm
Okeefenokee wrote:
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

Prove me wrong. Go to the south side of Chicago at night, wearing a bright red or blue outfit.

Even better, go to some event that’s known to be promoted by one color, and wear the opposite one.
Former Chicagoan here..

If you did that, you'd get a lot of offers to buy drugs.

White guy coming around is considered potential customer.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:38 pm

Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:36 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:

Former Chicagoan here..

Fair point, but pedantry won’t derail my analogy.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:49 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:38 pm
Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:36 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

Former Chicagoan here..

Fair point, but pedantry won’t derail my analogy.
Wearing Trump gear to a Trump rally is not wearing opposing gang colors on gang turf, you lying idiot.