The internet takeover thread

clubgop

Re: The internet takeover thread

Post by clubgop » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:52 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:14 am
Jimmy Dore is an interesting dude on the left I listen to sometimes. He has been ripping this censorship thing apart for the past few weeks. Makes some good points. Might be worthwhile forwarding that shit to lefty friends.
You should hear him on the whole Russia thing. He was on Clinton's case about that from the jump.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:13 pm

Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:02 pm
See, just like dirty dick and English faggot, their censorship game went too far and turned everybody against them. That type of bitch behavior is unsustainable.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:16 pm

clubgop wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:13 pm
See, just like dirty dick and English faggot, their censorship game went too far and turned everybody against them. That type of bitch behavior is unsustainable.
Can you find any post in my entire history where i supported censorship?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:51 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:16 pm
clubgop wrote:
My God, the whole English faggot thing, being an enemy combatant in hockey talk operations. Is there ever a time where you support free speech that is the better question.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:17 am

Fife wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:37 am
Hastur wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:05 am
Don't know why I'm starting to think about Cicero.

Fulvia knows how to social justice that filthy Greek right out yo mouf.
:lol:

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:43 am

clubgop wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:51 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
clubgop wrote:

My God, the whole English faggot thing, being an enemy combatant in hockey talk operations. Is there ever a time where you support free speech that is the better question.
The thing where that guy was standing outside a courthouse screaming at people and got arrested? Yeah, pretty sure that’s not a first amendment thing.

The hockey talk thing was ridiculous, but surprisingly it wasn’t a government censorship issue.

The First Amendment does not protect you from me telling you to shut the fuck up.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:29 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:43 am
clubgop wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:51 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

The thing where that guy was standing outside a courthouse screaming at people and got arrested? Yeah, pretty sure that’s not a first amendment thing.

The hockey talk thing was ridiculous, but surprisingly it wasn’t a government censorship issue.

The First Amendment does not protect you from me telling you to shut the fuck up.
It does precisely that. You want and wish the government to enforce your words. No, not the Tommy Robinson thing, but I could add that to the list, thanks, if a liberal does it you call it reporting and name him Jim Acosta, because you are a liberal hack bitch, also your equation that wearing a hat is ok and so is an assault for wearing said hat.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:35 am

It's important to understand why this is happening.

While the Establishment has come up with dozens of things to blame on the Trump election, they've really decided it was through the use of social media that got folks out to vote for Trump. They are doing their best to retain power and prevent that from happening again.

We commented about 6 months ago how former Obama admin folks were getting set up at Social Media board of directors. Remember we talked about Obama going to Netflix............. anyone remember that thread ?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:46 am

C-Mag wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:35 am
It's important to understand why this is happening.

While the Establishment has come up with dozens of things to blame on the Trump election, they've really decided it was through the use of social media that got folks out to vote for Trump. They are doing their best to retain power and prevent that from happening again.

We commented about 6 months ago how former Obama admin folks were getting set up at Social Media board of directors. Remember we talked about Obama going to Netflix............. anyone remember that thread ?
I think we are being generous with the definition of social media network, why is Netflix one?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:48 am

Honestly, one way Netflix fucked up when they transitioned from a web-based recommender system to a streaming service was in not capturing that space for a social network centered around entertainment.

The Netflix platform in the early to mid-2000s was almost a social network in it's own right, with user profiles, likes, groups, playlists, etc. They needed more forums.

If I were Netflix, I would have tried to buy the Hollywood Exchange, or duplicate that kind of futures market and integrate it into the Netflix platform. The data from that exchange is valuable and easily exploitable for any recommendation system.