The Intellectual Dark Web

Martin Hash

Re: The Intellectual Dark Web

Post by Martin Hash » Tue May 29, 2018 12:24 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 12:17 pm
When the heat rose, you stood up, others couldn't handle it.
Thanks, you're the first one here to mention that. Even Capps & StA abandoned Trump at the end. Only I held the torch high, and I'm a Democrat, and was running for office!
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue May 29, 2018 12:31 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 12:24 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Thanks, you're the first one here to mention that. Even Capps & StA abandoned Trump at the end. Only I held the torch high, and I'm a Democrat, and was running for office!
Well, to put some of those guys on the list with Peterson is grasping for names. Peterson doesn't back down to social pressure at all. You don't either. I imagine if someone during the campaign called you out for giving a bag of dicks to your family you'd defend that.

IMO, if you are going to have some sort of reboot of free thought and expression, you can't have anyone listed in the club that avoids conflict.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue May 29, 2018 12:40 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 12:31 pm
Martin Hash wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
Well, to put some of those guys on the list with Peterson is grasping for names. Peterson doesn't back down to social pressure at all. You don't either. I imagine if someone during the campaign called you out for giving a bag of dicks to your family you'd defend that.

IMO, if you are going to have some sort of reboot of free thought and expression, you can't have anyone listed in the club that avoids conflict.
I don't totally subscribe to that gotta have the good cops and the bad cops. We can't all be the bad cops.

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Tue May 29, 2018 12:45 pm

Fife wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 12:14 pm
Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 2:00 am
Outside of that box we have:
Trial by combat

Kneeling down to divine authority...

I like the box. It's awesome. i would rather not take my politics from the Crips or the Yakuza thanks.
I don't think anyone is going to dispute your affinity for the box.

If anyone else is interested in how some of the "non-boxed" ways of doing things have developed over the ages, here's a fun book I read earlier this year from Peter Leeson: https://www.amazon.com/WTF-Economic-Pet ... 071LF3ZKF/
From one exhibit to the next, you'll overhear Leeson's riotous exchanges with the patrons and learn how to use economic thinking to reveal the hidden sense behind seemingly senseless human behavior—including your own. Leeson shows that far from "irrational" or "accidents of history," humanity's most outlandish rituals are ingenious solutions to pressing problems—developed by clever people, driven by incentives, and tailor-made for their time and place.
Why don't yoiu get off the Internet if you want to be retarded barbarian that bad?

The Box is fucking great.

Give your son to the tribe that says sucking dick makes their children stronger you fucking piece of retardation.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue May 29, 2018 12:49 pm

clubgop wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 12:40 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:

I don't totally subscribe to that gotta have the good cops and the bad cops. We can't all be the bad cops.
Just saying you can't knuckle to Social Pressure on Intellectual thoughts if you're in the Intellectual Dark Web. You've got to be able to communicate your position on this stuff.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue May 29, 2018 12:53 pm

I think you can be IDW without supporting Trump.

What disqualifies someone should be not getting the underlying wave that Trump is riding.

Carlin really doesn't seem to get it.

Trump is not riding an anti-corruption wave.

He's riding a wave of frustration against where liberalism has taken the nation... and the world...
It's a backlash against liberalism and the horse it rode in on.

I'm not entirely against liberalism... in fact I'm pretty liberal... but liberalism has some very serious holes in it.
And I don't hear a lot of great ideas from anyone... not Trump either... on what we should really do about it.
Waiting for the Zombie apocalypse and putting a King on the throne isn't top of my list, for example.

The IDW seems to have better ideas than most sources I've come across... so that's worth something.
Last edited by DrYouth on Tue May 29, 2018 12:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue May 29, 2018 12:54 pm

Just wait for the army to take over.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue May 29, 2018 12:57 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 12:54 pm
Just wait for the army to take over.
That could be a long wait.
And what side will the army be on?
Armies can be awfully fickle.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue May 29, 2018 12:58 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 12:49 pm
clubgop wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 12:40 pm
C-Mag wrote:

Just saying you can't knuckle to Social Pressure on Intellectual thoughts if you're in the Intellectual Dark Web. You've got to be able to communicate your position on this stuff.

I don't see many on this list knuckling to much of anything. Who is knuckling? Even Carlin, he is contrarian, he can never position himself as comfortable with the establishment or the winners so to speak.

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue May 29, 2018 12:59 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 11:55 am
I don't like the name because it's an obvious attempt to obfuscate away from the dark enlightenment, which is a rejection of everything most of these "intellectual dark web" lightweights stand for.

These are all liberals, trying to save the Enlightenment from the consequences of itself.

The actual dark enlightenment refers to neo-reactionary thought, which none of these guys would actually even entertain.
I can see a bit of confusion with the dark enlightenment, but the most offensive part of the name is the word "intellectual." I know this is just some branding hooey by some blogger or friend of The Fifth Column to stick a label.

However, any person or group who self-identifies as "intellectual" is not to be trusted.

I'd like to see some of the members of this made-up club denounce intellectualism and insist upon not being referred to as a member of the group.