The Intellectual Dark Web

Haumana

Re: The Intellectual Dark Web

Post by Haumana » Fri May 25, 2018 10:26 pm

Calculus Man wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 6:12 pm
Dan Carlin is the Icarus of the New Media.
+1 :clap:

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Sun May 27, 2018 10:51 am

I'm sure its on purpose, but what a terrible name.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sun May 27, 2018 11:15 am

A bit precious and gothic... but whatever.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun May 27, 2018 11:55 am

I don't like the name because it's an obvious attempt to obfuscate away from the dark enlightenment, which is a rejection of everything most of these "intellectual dark web" lightweights stand for.

These are all liberals, trying to save the Enlightenment from the consequences of itself.

The actual dark enlightenment refers to neo-reactionary thought, which none of these guys would actually even entertain.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun May 27, 2018 2:10 pm

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sun May 27, 2018 3:26 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 2:10 pm
Everyone is not equal.... check.

Hierarchies are natural and good.... check

That was sort of underwhelming.

The dark enlightenment... sounds so much more ominous than it actually was.

But once again I'll come back to that Christianity itself, as much as Puritanism, started this ball rolling.

Jesus included all in his view of salvation and preached a form of egalitarianism...
He seemed to be down on hierarchy himself... rejecting the established hierarchy with very little succession planning.

Hierarchy only made a comeback with the Roman adoption of the Christian religion... the Puritans felt they were going back to those roots.

Also the final conclusion of wait for the zombie apocalypse and then adopt the monarchical reboot...
Not a very satisfying path forward.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun May 27, 2018 4:50 pm

Well, that's not an honest appraisal of what was said, but it was not posted as some high intellectual commentary. The guy speaking is basically a satirist. Whatever dude. LOL

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun May 27, 2018 5:01 pm

Two important points: conservatives and progressives are essentially part of the same thing (Enlightenment). Conservatives are like the shadow of progressivism and their primary role seems to be to subvert and block any attempt at undoing the damage of progressivism.

Democracy leads to expanding government and eventually to tyranny.

Progressivism is essentially a religion, stemming from the Protestant Reformation. The Marxists we see today are basically the intellectual descendants of the Puritans.

Leave it to a liberal to choose not to convey that information.

My problem with concocting some ridiculous title of "Dark Web Intellectuals" for what basically are the last bastion of liberals trying to save the Enlightenment from itself without ever acknowledging the actual problem should be obvious. I think it's quite farcical. These are exactly the kinds of people who will scream that actually discussing the problem is off-limits. You have to discuss the problem within the guidelines setdown by the Enlightenment program, which means you can't think outside of that box. That means these "intellectuals" are just rehashing the same song and dance we have heard for about 300 years which now leads us to the end of our civilization.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sun May 27, 2018 5:03 pm

doc_loliday wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 10:51 am
I'm sure its on purpose, but what a terrible name.
I like the name because new media is quite establishment now. New Media included a bunch older conservative radio talk show host.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sun May 27, 2018 5:32 pm

I'm not so worried about the name...

But I've already found some interesting new material.

For the most part I would say some of the more interesting commenters on the current state of affairs are here.