President for Life

Hastur

Re: President for Life

Post by Hastur » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:25 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Hastur wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Ooky... you're one of the smartest posters on here. But you know that woman's an idiot.

I agree with all of your points, but Trump's insult wasn't racist, simply because she's black. You're extolling the virtues of hyper-sensitivity right now.

And why on earth would that be a "racist" gesture to dress her adopted kid as a monkey, if that's what he wanted to be for Halloween?? SHE'S RAISING HIM. She's obviously not a racist, and anyone taking offense would be a damned fool to think so.
Thanks GCF for pointing out the obvious.
Was that meant be an insult, or just came out wrong?
No insult. Your reply to that wall of text apology was spot on.

I have a new phone from my employer today. It's a pain in the butt to use. The keyboard and auto correct are unhinged. It feels like playing tennis with a cod. Don't ever buy a Huawei phone!

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:31 pm

Hastur wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Hastur wrote: Thanks GCF for pointing out the obvious.

I have a new phone from my employer today. It's a pain in the butt to use. The keyboard and auto correct are unhinged. It feels like playing tennis with a cod. Don't ever buy a Huawei phone!
Hey man, ya can’t beat free. I’ve still got the iPhone 5s I got for $50, 5 years ago. Just needs to work and play music.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:40 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Hastur wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

Hey man, ya can’t beat free. I’ve still got the iPhone 5s I got for $50, 5 years ago. Just needs to work and play music.
Right. It took me two hours today to figure out how to get the damn thing to not auto paus my podcast app every time the screen turned off. It wants to help me save batteries. Piece of crap.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:37 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
ooky wrote:
Hastur wrote:
If you are a white person in America who has studied and tried to understand racism and how it works in this country, or a black person who has just lived here and been subjected to it, you'll see over and over that white America signals, sometimes subtly, sometimes just flat brazenly and with pseudoscience and nonsensical graphs (Speaker) that black people have lower IQs. Trump insulted many people but specifically chose this insult for the black woman, not just in the recent speech but earlier in March as well. He may not even know he is being racist when he says this, because like I said white Americans largely get to ignore racism and racist constructs unless we seek them out and try to educate ourselves (that's a huge reason why white Americans tend to get SUPER uncomfortable and defensive when they are ever made to talk about racism they may have contributed to, even inadvertently). Although based on the things that regularly come out of his mouth I am sure he does have some amount of that prejudicial thinking that in general black people are not as smart, even if it's not in the forefront of his mind when selecting which insult to use with her. Black people being low-IQ is a common enough trope that if you are sensitive to racism (which includes the vast majority of black Americans) it is an insult with recognizable racist undertones. Many white Americans just have no personal experience with this type of prejudice, and so may not recognize the dog whistle.

And I'm not saying that means they are necessarily bad people, just that we white americans are usually protected from having to know these things by being white. I knew a white mom who adopted a black child and dressed him in a monkey costume for HAlloween, and she didn't understand how insulting that is to American black culture and people. She was very defensive about the immediate backlash in a mom forum we were on, that had several moms of color. She loves her child and didn't mean anything bad by it, but it still was bad and as a white mother of a black child it is the sort of learning curve she had to and will have to to get on top of. MAny white Americans simply don't have the intersection with other races that would require them to learn and address these things in the course of normal life.

I post this not to try and convince others here, but because I know you are not American and some things about our racial climate will not translate well overseas. I'm a bit busy to post a zillion articles on why this racial-IQ stuff is pseudoscience, but it is easily findable if you just look.
Ooky... you're one of the smartest posters on here. But you know that woman's an idiot.

I agree with all of your points, but Trump's insult wasn't racist, simply because she's black. You're extolling the virtues of hyper-sensitivity right now.

And why on earth would that be a "racist" gesture to dress her adopted kid as a monkey, if that's what he wanted to be for Halloween?? SHE'S RAISING HIM. She's obviously not a racist, and anyone taking offense would be a damned fool to think so.
It's much worse than that. She is exhibiting some of that racist stuff in this very post. To compare a full grown elected representative to a foster child is the type of infantilisation that demonstrates the soft bigotry of low expectations. That mother may not be racist but she should know better. Like next year if that kid wants to be a ghost she better spray paint BOO! across the bed sheet.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:46 pm

ooky wrote:
Hastur wrote:
Fife wrote:
It's funny how she interprets DT saying she has a low IQ as being racist. What does she mean by that?

If you are a white person in America who has studied and tried to understand racism and how it works in this country, or a black person who has just lived here and been subjected to it, you'll see over and over that white America signals, sometimes subtly, sometimes just flat brazenly and with pseudoscience and nonsensical graphs (Speaker) that black people have lower IQs. Trump insulted many people but specifically chose this insult for the black woman, not just in the recent speech but earlier in March as well. He may not even know he is being racist when he says this, because like I said white Americans largely get to ignore racism and racist constructs unless we seek them out and try to educate ourselves (that's a huge reason why white Americans tend to get SUPER uncomfortable and defensive when they are ever made to talk about racism they may have contributed to, even inadvertently). Although based on the things that regularly come out of his mouth I am sure he does have some amount of that prejudicial thinking that in general black people are not as smart, even if it's not in the forefront of his mind when selecting which insult to use with her. Black people being low-IQ is a common enough trope that if you are sensitive to racism (which includes the vast majority of black Americans) it is an insult with recognizable racist undertones. Many white Americans just have no personal experience with this type of prejudice, and so may not recognize the dog whistle.

And I'm not saying that means they are necessarily bad people, just that we white americans are usually protected from having to know these things by being white. I knew a white mom who adopted a black child and dressed him in a monkey costume for HAlloween, and she didn't understand how insulting that is to American black culture and people. She was very defensive about the immediate backlash in a mom forum we were on, that had several moms of color. She loves her child and didn't mean anything bad by it, but it still was bad and as a white mother of a black child it is the sort of learning curve she had to and will have to to get on top of. MAny white Americans simply don't have the intersection with other races that would require them to learn and address these things in the course of normal life.

I post this not to try and convince others here, but because I know you are not American and some things about our racial climate will not translate well overseas. I'm a bit busy to post a zillion articles on why this racial-IQ stuff is pseudoscience, but it is easily findable if you just look.
Sorry but using "racism" to excuse the idiocy of your policies and those that promote fell out of favor a few years ago. You'll have to find another card to play.

ooky

Post by ooky » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:17 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
ooky wrote:

It all goes to context. And yes, things you say or do to a black person may be racist, when saying the exact same thing to a white person would not be. Because of that context of what people of different races are exposed to that is not shared. Black people in this country have been compared to monkeys in unfavorable, racist ways historically. Just because that mom didn't actually KNOW that, and her racism was entirely unintentional, she meant absolutely no harm, and her self image in being a good mom to her adopted son is very heavily dependent on her not thinking she is a racist person (the kid was an infant, by the way, and didn't choose his costume) -- all of that still doesn't mean it's not racist. A clothing company recently put a catalog picture up with a black boy wearing a shirt that said happiest monkey in the jungle or some similar shit, and the response was so huge and swift that several people stopped advertising for them, boycotts were initiated, etc. So yes it is a "thing", and is widely considered straight up racist, and it is the job of that white mom to learn this stuff to be the best mom to her kid that she can be, even though she may feel uncomfortable at times.

When black people to tell white people, this is racist behavior/connotation/dog whistle, even if you didn't know before, now you do, and then white people tell them they are wrong, that's both stubborn and counter productive. We cannot tell black Americans their experience, that is the height of hubris. None of us white Americans will never know exactly what it is like to go through life in this country being black (or a person of color, period, but there is a special history for black americans that makes things especially bad for them). We can strive for maximum empathy, to understand as best we can, but that doesn't include, for example, just telling a black woman she is wrong to explain that a white person commenting on her hair is racist (yes this is also very much a thing and it makes total sense once you understand where they are coming from).

I think part of what the issue with race is in this country is that we all know racism exists. But we imagine it is perpetrated only by really bad people who hate other races. Yes, some of it comes from that, but much more of it is way more subtle, and enacted by honestly good people. Death by a thousand cuts stuff. A challenge to white people in America is to listen and try to learn when a person of color tells them something is racist without getting defensive and aggressive about the POC's inability to determine what they are experiencing- honestly i think that is the really widespread hypersensitivity.

I also have to say now I don't think Maxine Waters is an idiot. I haven't agreed with everything she ever said, but I also agree with her on a lot of stuff. And you can't beat her moxie. I think for a sitting president to say that about a sitting senator is disgraceful, and if he really thinks that he should back it up with exactly what he is talking about.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:18 pm

DBTrek wrote:Leftist dogma: “we’re not saying white people are bad, we’re just saying they’re steeped so deeply in their own evil whiteness they can’t see how unintentionally bad they actually are.”

My response: “Fuck yourselves, you idiot self loathers. Attaching a bunch of pseudo intellectual claptrap to your condescending, insulting, and racist views doesn’t make you any less repulsive.”

/shrug
:clap:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:19 pm

We knew she couldn't march forever.

/shrug
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:21 pm

Maxine Waters is obviously retarded.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:22 pm