Current US Military

TheReal_ND

Re: Current US Military

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:20 pm

They are just training to quell my neo-nazi uprising.

Fuck them.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:25 pm

Photos from the guys who belonged to my wing when it was stationed in Danang:

It's weird to see people from an earlier generation doing your job that you would do almost thirty years later.

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:46 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Kath wrote:Ok - it's only at night, so I'll let you know.
160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment; they don't call them the Night Stalkers for nothing.

They're doing low level approaches over realistic urban terrain for JSOC infil/exfil.

They need real terrain to fly over, to practice for the real thing, a military base doesn't provide what they need, in terms of obstacles and whatnot to practice against, buildings, towers, power lines, street lights, etc, they mix it up and fly to real world conditions.
Thanks for the 411. The kid is going to love this information! Personally, I think it's been fun.
Account abandoned.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:27 am

I saw some footage somebody posted to the internet, those look like Navy MH-60's, if it has stub wings and a little radar on the nose, that's Army SOF, no stub wings no radar, those are Navy.
Nec Aspera Terrent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:33 am

Smitty-48 wrote:I saw some footage somebody posted to the internet, those look like Navy MH-60's, if it has stub wings and a little radar on the nose, that's Army SOF, no stub wings no radar, those are Navy.
Yeah, we need no stinking radar, we are navy, we only use sonar :P
#NotOneRedCent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:34 am

The Conservative wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:I saw some footage somebody posted to the internet, those look like Navy MH-60's, if it has stub wings and a little radar on the nose, that's Army SOF, no stub wings no radar, those are Navy.
There's two versions of the H-60 in the Navy, SH-60R is the shipborne anti-submarine version, it's got the 360 degree radar and the dunking sonar, these look the like MH-60S, which is the multipurpose utility version.
Nec Aspera Terrent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:37 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
There's two versions of the H-60 in the Navy, SH-60R is the shipborne anti-submarine version, it's got the 360 degree radar and the dunking sonar, these look the like MH-60S, which is the multipurpose utility version.
Notice the tongue emoj at the end of the sentence, I was joking...
#NotOneRedCent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:41 am

Lot of chatter online about "ZOMG North Korea" but just seems like general GWOT related training, Navy practicing to go over land to infil/exfil SEAL's kind of thing.

And no, TomClancyCatFace, they're not sending the SEAL's into Pyongyang, don't even start with that.
Nec Aspera Terrent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:31 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Lot of chatter online about "ZOMG North Korea" but just seems like general GWOT related training, Navy practicing to go over land to infil/exfil SEAL's kind of thing.

And no, TomClancyCatFace, they're not sending the SEAL's into Pyongyang, don't even start with that.
LMAO

No, we aren't starting a Korean war a couple weeks ahead of the Olympics. I'm pretty confident about that.

Much more likely to invade Iran/Syria again. ME is our weapons-testing range.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:40 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Lot of chatter online about "ZOMG North Korea" but just seems like general GWOT related training, Navy practicing to go over land to infil/exfil SEAL's kind of thing.

LMAO

No, we aren't starting a Korean war a couple weeks ahead of the Olympics. I'm pretty confident about that.

Much more likely to invade Iran/Syria again. ME is our weapons-testing range.
You've already invaded Syria, Iran boots on the ground no, the Iranians is nothing the Pentagon really wants to get into it with on the ground, Iran would just be a bombing campaign.

Iran is a much bigger nut than Iraq, it's like Iraq x3, and the Iranians are much heavier hitters than the Iraqis, the Pentagon knows its limitations.
Nec Aspera Terrent