Current US Military

TheReal_ND

Re: Spenser Rapone and the Current US Military

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:50 am

Global War On Toxic Male Masculinity

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:56 am

America has it all backwards, the Army in Vietnam was the super army, the Army in Desert Storm was the patty cake army, the army you are lamenting now, that's the army which fought Desert Storm, the army which charged up Hill 937? Well it may have died on the top of that hill, and it's never coming back, none the less, that was the super army, the army that fought in Vietnam, was better than the army which fought World War Two, they were just beaten by a better army, shit happens, the other guy get's a vote.

Desert Storm; rigged match, patsy takes the fall, patty cake Army avoids the fight rather than fight it, the media cheers, Americans drink the kool-aid.

Vietnam; the best army America has ever put in the field, fights as hard as you could ever ask them too, goes right into the breach, the proverbial gates of hell, and just gets beaten by the better army in the field.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:02 am

For God, Country, and the right to stick things in your butthole!

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:07 am

Ia Drang, Dak To, A Shau; that's like Shiloh, Antietam and Cold Harbor, as the French said at Dien Bien Phu; "Hell in a very small place"

Desert Storm? Live fire training exercise, notional ememy, and never even made contact with them, cause Washington didn't want any body bags coming home.

Which army is the model in play now?
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:08 am

The US Armed Forces of Strong Independent Women

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:11 am

Smitty-48 wrote:Desert Storm? Live fire training exercise, notional ememy, and never even made contact with them, cause Washington didn't want any body bags coming home.

Not the Canadian Army for sure.
We invited y'all for some fun in the desert, but I guess we underestimated the kinship you all felt with Sadam.

:twisted:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:17 am

DBTrek wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Desert Storm? Live fire training exercise, notional ememy, and never even made contact with them, cause Washington didn't want any body bags coming home.

Not the Canadian Army for sure.
We invited y'all for some fun in the desert, but I guess we underestimated the kinship you all felt with Sadam.

The Canadian Army models itself on the US, but it's more modelled on the Marines, light to medium weight expeditionary intervention style.

In terms of the politics, it's exactly the same, the Canadian defence department just takes the American defense department policies and adopts those verbatim, as "best practices".
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:19 am

"I, Moonbeam, do solemnly affirm that I will support and defend the rights of Gender Queers against all bigots, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the Party; and that I will obey the orders of the Revolution and the orders of the POC appointed over me, according to regulations of Social Justice. So help me Rick and Morty."

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:20 am

Still . .. all the criticisms of the US army have a little bit of that "bench warmer" vibe when coming from Canada. As in . . . at least our military still operates.

Anyone can Monday morning quarterback from the sidelines.
Iceland's army could do that.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:28 am

The US Armed Forces are coming! Quick, act casual!