2014 - Obamaphones

Speaker to Animals

Re: 2014, The Year the Obama Phone Started a War

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:50 am

I think you attribute too much agency to them. Have you actually ever been to the inner city of a major city?

The democrats don't even teach them how to read in many cases.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:51 am

kybkh wrote:QRD:

>Obama gives free phones to blacks.

What started out as an effort by President Reagan to help poor people in rural areas have a phone in cases of emergency has mushroomed into what critics suspect is a new welfare program.

"The cost has gone from $143 million a few years ago to $2.2 billion today," Republican Louisiana Sen. David Vitter said, noting that today's cost is 15 times what it was.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/04 ... ntrol.html

>Obama says "I've got a phone"...to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme"

Published 01/14/2014
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-i-wi ... -congress/

>Blacks only get news via phone.

https://www.americanpressinstitute.org/ ... ic-groups/

>Race War Ensues

Notice something...

Regan gave phones to all poor, Obama... blacks only. Sorry... that's not how the government is meant to work...
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:51 am

Fife wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:You are literally saying that black/poor people shouldn't have easy access to the internet. :lol:

I don't entirely disagree, but it's an impossible position to hold.
That's *literally* the opposite of what he is saying. Figure out social networking, then try again.

BTW, what part of depriving black and poor people of the internet is it that you agree with?
No, I'm quite certain that's the argument here.

Easier internet access for the poor > more social unrest.

And he's right about that. But what would be the remedy, a policy of cutting them off? Higher internet access pricing?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:52 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:I think you attribute too much agency to them. Have you actually ever been to the inner city of a major city?
I am saying they are simply sheep being led by a crook with a Phone.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:54 am

The Conservative wrote:
Notice something...

Regan gave phones to all poor, Obama... blacks only. Sorry... that's not how the government is meant to work...
Not pulling punches, plenty of poor white folks got Obama phones too. Obama just increased the scope of the program from $200mil to $2bil.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:54 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:I think you attribute too much agency to them. Have you actually ever been to the inner city of a major city?

Uh, I think that's what he's saying. Reading *Isn't* Fundamental when it comes to consuming media from a phone.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:57 am

Fife wrote:

Uh, I think that's what he's saying. Reading *Isn't* Fundamental when it comes to consuming media from a phone.

How will they read complex revolutionary instructions sent to them by Obama by SMS??

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:58 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
No, I'm quite certain that's the argument here.

Easier internet access for the poor > more social unrest.

And he's right about that. But what would be the remedy, a policy of cutting them off? Higher internet access pricing?
It's not just internet access. You can't surf your phone like you do a PC. You open you FB app, see the pushed news and click the link.

Phones are different than a PC. A phone pushes customized stories and alerts you to "relevant news".

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:58 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fife wrote:

How will they read complex revolutionary instructions sent to them by Obama by SMS??
That's pathetic. I expect better from you.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:17 am

At long last, Kentucky has finally found his causus belli behind the declination of race relations and it has nothing to do with reality but that's ok.