Hurricane Harvey

Fife

Re: Hurricane Harvey

Post by Fife » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:54 pm

Cat 4? Did I just hear that right on the radio?

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:57 pm

Fife wrote:Sounds like somebody needed a tour guide.

Did you read the book first? :?:

(What's your favorite novel? (Now THAT'S a good thread idea.))

https://www.amazon.com/Confederacy-Dunc ... 8&qid=&sr=
Yes, I read the book; but I wouldn't let a fat ass, suicide prone, dummy pushing a hot dog cart (whose mommy finished his only novel and got it published for him) show me around that shithole of a city--I had plenty of equally unqualified people to do that the first time.
It's a great title (taken from Swift), but the ending was tacked on--in case you didn't notice.
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:02 pm

Fife wrote:Cat 4? Did I just hear that right on the radio?
That's the latest.
Also, Arpio pardonned, Gorka quit.

Funny livestreams: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8as4cuFZ0A
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:06 pm

Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:
Fife wrote:Sounds like somebody needed a tour guide.

Did you read the book first? :?:

(What's your favorite novel? (Now THAT'S a good thread idea.))

https://www.amazon.com/Confederacy-Dunc ... 8&qid=&sr=
Yes, I read the book; but I wouldn't let a fat ass, suicide prone, dummy pushing a hot dog cart (whose mommy finished his only novel and got it published for him) show me around that shithole of a city--I had plenty of equally unqualified people to do that the first time.
It's a great title (taken from Swift), but the ending was tacked on--in case you didn't notice.

I'll readily own up to the fact that Walker Percy getting this book to the light of day impacts my opinion. Obviously, I have wondered for decades if Percy was actually the author.

I'll also quickly grant that Louisiana, generally, and N.O., specifically, is not a yankee-friendly zone. The really funny accent those people have notwithstanding.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:13 pm

Alexander PhiAlipson wrote: Gorka quit.

In a blunt resignation letter, the national security and counterterrorism expert expressed dissatisfaction with the current state of the Trump administration. “[G]iven recent events, it is clear to me that forces that do not support the MAGA promise are – for now – ascendant within the White House,” Gorka wrote. “As a result, the best and most effective way I can support you, Mr. President, is from outside the People’s House.”

Gorka’s letter expressed unhappiness with the direction the Trump administration’s foreign policy has taken, as signaled by the president’s recent speech on Afghanistan:

Regrettably, outside of yourself, the individuals who most embodied and represented the policies that will ‘Make America Great Again,’ have been internally countered, systematically removed, or undermined in recent months. This was made patently obvious as I read the text of your speech on Afghanistan this week…
http://thefederalist.com/2017/08/25/bre ... istration/
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:21 pm

9' - 13' storm surge?
:shock:

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:24 pm

It's bad bad shit going down.

Prayers for Texas, folks.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:53 pm

I hope nukedog drove north.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:55 pm

News says there are people actually dumb enough to have defied the evacuation order and are sticking it out on the island. Fucking dumb. All of Corpus Christi could flood again.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:00 pm

“We’re suggesting if people are going to stay here, mark their arm with a Sharpie pen with their name and Social Security number,” Rockport Mayor Pro Tem Patrick Rios told reporters Friday, according to media reports. “We hate to talk about things like that. It’s not something we like to do but it’s the reality. People don’t listen.”
Fucking dumb.