Meanwhile in Ukraine

Martin Hash

Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:53 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:47 pm
Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:56 pm
Everybody here knows my experience. I indeed stood up: I had people shouting at me, I was called names, I was kicked out of dozens of places, I lost friends. In all of that, not even 1 person stood by my side, and after the fact, no one has ever mentioned I was right or they were sorry.
We’ve all been through it to some degree. The family stigma is the worst part by far.
I agree. My point was that there just aren’t that many warriors on our side. The other side, however, is FMWs, and there’s a lot of them.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:12 pm

An excellent summary of the Battle of Bakhmut, including why the battle occurred, goals of each side, how the battle progressed and ended. Also, a good analysis of casualty numbers.
https://bigserge.substack.com/p/the-bat ... postmortem
The slow pace and extreme destruction has made this battle a rather difficult one to parse out. It all seems so senseless - even within the unique paradigm of war-making. In the absence of an obvious operational logic, observers on both sides have been eager to construct theories of how the battle was actually a brilliant example of four-dimensional chess. In particular, you can easily find arguments from both pro-Ukrainian and pro-Russian commentators claiming that Bakhmut was used as a trap to draw in the other side’s manpower and material for destruction, while buying time to accumulate fighting power.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:39 am

Russia claiming that Ukraine launched their offensive yesterday and got demolished. Not surprising, if true.
This entire farce needs to end.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:19 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:39 am
Russia claiming that Ukraine launched their offensive yesterday and got demolished. Not surprising, if true.
This entire farce needs to end.
I believe some Ukraine have said its starting too.

I don't think that was the offensive. Probably a probing attack/recon in force. Either way it was crushed. Russia had a similar operation in the winter, with the same result.

Mid July NATO summit next door in Lithuania. By late in June both sides will want to be showing success on the ground. Next 6 weeks will likely be busy.
PLATA O PLOMO

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:51 am

Russia ain't stopping until it gets Odesa.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:12 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:51 am
Russia ain't stopping until it gets Odesa.
Agreed.
My best SWAG right now is that Russia makes Ukraine a landlocked rump state and tries to make a ribbentroff-molotov deal with Poland after Zelensky is ousted.

But anything could happen. The West is so invested in Ukraine, they could start WWIII over it, rather than lose it. What if Russia were advancing on Odessa and NATO suddenly declares Ukraine is now part of NATO ?
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:16 pm

Ukraine is a CIA run state. We've been there since WWII, and we've been supporting and using Nazi's to work for us against the USSR and the Russian Federation.

The point man was Colonel Reinhard Gehlen of the Wehrmacht Foreign Armies East military intelligence, then he went to work for the CIA

Guys like LTC Vindman who are born in Ukraine, then join the US military, gotta be pay off to their parents who were CIA assets during the cold war in Ukraine
PLATA O PLOMO

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:17 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:12 pm

But anything could happen. The West is so invested in Ukraine, they could start WWIII over it, rather than lose it. What if Russia were advancing on Odessa and NATO suddenly declares Ukraine is now part of NATO ?
That is the worst case scenario. And entirely possible.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:23 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:17 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:12 pm

That is the worst case scenario. And entirely possible.
Let’s say that happens: WTF can NATO do? They send 1 salvo of bombers then the Ruskies will hypersonic missile the airport they flew out of. Do the Poles want hypersonics raining down? How about Britain? If jets are launched from aircraft carriers, Russian subs will take them out with hypersonics. There’s no endgame here where NATO wins.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:28 pm

Satellites will be the 1st WW3 casualty; R Boomers & Zoomers willing to give up social media for Ukraine?