North Korea News

Fife

Re: North Korea News

Post by Fife » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:50 am

The Cathedral simply cannot tolerate this shit.

Trump pays a spontaneous visit to Kim Jong-Un, who, with one day's notice, comes to meet him at the DMZ.

As I watched, I noticed that I was smiling.

I'm fascinated by the mixture of spontaneity and stateliness. There's the symbolism of friendship we know from childhood — you're near your friend, so that's a reason to ask if he can come out, and he does. Simultaneously, there's the grand symbolism of meeting on this dire borderline. Here they are, really there, and we know they are both men of the theater, striving to look natural on the unfathomably big stage — that narrow, pebbled alleyway.

The MSM, the DNC, and 98% of the GOP are gonna be *really* pissed off. :goteam: :drunk:

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:27 am

I think I saw some dumb reporter bitch try to get past the guards and get patrolled on the spot.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:28 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:27 am
I think I saw some dumb reporter bitch try to get past the guards and get patrolled on the spot.
Sure it wasn't AOC crying at the size of that baby wall?

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:08 am

lol

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:02 am

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:39 am

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-nort ... SKCN1UV1ZX
UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - North Korea has generated an estimated $2 billion for its weapons of mass destruction programs using “widespread and increasingly sophisticated” cyberattacks to steal from banks and cryptocurrency exchanges, according to a confidential U.N. report seen by Reuters on Monday.

Pyongyang also “continued to enhance its nuclear and missile programmes although it did not conduct a nuclear test or ICBM (Intercontinental Ballistic Missile) launch,” said the report to the U.N. Security Council North Korea sanctions committee by independent experts monitoring compliance over the past six months.

The North Korean mission to the United Nations did not respond to a request for comment on the report, which was submitted to the Security Council committee last week.

The experts said North Korea “used cyberspace to launch increasingly sophisticated attacks to steal funds from financial institutions and cryptocurrency exchanges to generate income.” They also used cyberspace to launder the stolen money, the report said.

“Democratic People’s Republic of Korea cyber actors, many operating under the direction of the Reconnaissance General Bureau, raise money for its WMD (weapons of mass destruction) programmes, with total proceeds to date estimated at up to two billion US dollars,” the report said.
I didn't even know NK was connected to the internet. Is NK punching above its weight when it comes to cybercrime? Maybe $2B is just a drop in the bucket when it comes to cyber embezzlement. Fuck, I choose the wrong career.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:48 am

Hastur wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:39 am
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-nort ... SKCN1UV1ZX
UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - North Korea has generated an estimated $2 billion for its weapons of mass destruction programs using “widespread and increasingly sophisticated” cyberattacks to steal from banks and cryptocurrency exchanges, according to a confidential U.N. report seen by Reuters on Monday.

Pyongyang also “continued to enhance its nuclear and missile programmes although it did not conduct a nuclear test or ICBM (Intercontinental Ballistic Missile) launch,” said the report to the U.N. Security Council North Korea sanctions committee by independent experts monitoring compliance over the past six months.

The North Korean mission to the United Nations did not respond to a request for comment on the report, which was submitted to the Security Council committee last week.

The experts said North Korea “used cyberspace to launch increasingly sophisticated attacks to steal funds from financial institutions and cryptocurrency exchanges to generate income.” They also used cyberspace to launder the stolen money, the report said.

“Democratic People’s Republic of Korea cyber actors, many operating under the direction of the Reconnaissance General Bureau, raise money for its WMD (weapons of mass destruction) programmes, with total proceeds to date estimated at up to two billion US dollars,” the report said.
I didn't even know NK was connected to the internet. Is NK punching above its weight when it comes to cybercrime? Maybe $2B is just a drop in the bucket when it comes to cyber embezzlement. Fuck, I choose the wrong career.
They are being dishonest here. It’s not “NK” as in the entire country, it’s “NK” as in the government.

I deal with this BS stopping cyber attacks, etc all the time. The sad thing is most of the attacks that I get are from the US.

Anywho, the NK government has a nasty cyber hacking environment.

Those outside of the government officially are allowed internet connections, but it’s never truly private.

That is why you never directly plug in your computer to the internet or power there when you travel.
#NotOneRedCent