How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Re: How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:00 am

Munchausen by proxy

:snooty:
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:06 am

Zlaxer wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:
BTW - there's considerable debate about whether the treatment would work or not for Charlie - but what does he have to loose? he's out cold.....
Simply not true. No one has argued that there is any chance of a cure. This treatment has never been successfull in treating this condition.
The parents refusal to let go is understandable but it is not in the childs best interest to travel thousands of miles for a pointless treatment.
Read the linked article Monte - wait - that would take too much effort - it's easier just to shill.....[/quote]
I have read it and many others. The clinic themselves have now admitted this treatment is highly unlikely to improve Charlie's condition and no longer wish to offer it.
The courts are defending Charlie's rights.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:13 am

Montegriffo wrote:I have read it and many others. The clinic themselves have now admitted this treatment is highly unlikely to improve Charlie's condition and no longer wish to offer it.
The courts are defending Charlie's rights.

Where's the harm to Charlie Monte? Let me guess - the government nanny doctors "Said there's harm...".....OK but what is it?

Is it sufficient to warrant the state displacing parental rights? The articles I've read make it appear that treatment is an IV....and that Charlie is unconscious (possibly brain dead).....What is the harm to Charlie in allowing his parents to try a last resort (at their own expense)?

I find your trust of the state troubling.....do not bring that contagion over here.....

This scenario is setting a terrible president in an area that is becoming more slippery and steep each passing day.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:14 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:The child is already dead. Brain death, deafness, blindness, and comatose. That is a vegetable, not a child. It's tragic, but there was never a "life" option on the table.
Actually, there was at the beginning. Now there isn't, and I am sorry, but fuck anyone who thinks trying was ever off the table. If the child had any chance for a normal life, they should have been given it.
#NotOneRedCent

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:19 am

The Conservative wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:If the child had any chance for a normal life, they should have been given it.
I'm OK with the state not wanting to pay for the treatment in this case (it's has slim to 0% chance of working)....but to come in and say private individuals can't pay for it is cause for alarm IMHO.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:22 am

Zlaxer wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:If the child had any chance for a normal life, they should have been given it.
I'm OK with the state not wanting to pay for the treatment in this case (it has slim to 0% chance of working)....but to come in and say private individuals can't pay for it is cause for alarm IMHO.
That is my problem as well, especially when they had the money to attempt it.
#NotOneRedCent

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:27 am

Monte and the nanny state shills are decrying that the state is protecting the right of the child to not be harmed...yet they can't seem to state the nature of the harm, or whether it's enough to displace the rights of the parents. Got to protect their beloved nanny state at all costs...

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:44 am

Zlaxer wrote:Monte and the nanny state shills are decrying that the state is protecting the right of the child not to be harmed...yet they can't seem to state the nature of the harm, or whether it's enough to displace the rights of the parents. Got to protect their beloved nanny state at all costs...
Fuck them; their nanny state can go live in the Clinton Republic of "It Takes a Village" and hope they don't cross a line and end up dead somewhere.

The parents are the legal guardians; they should have final say over anything and everything. If they have the money, the hospital and state have no say in what they should attempt when the offer was there. If someone had cancer and without treatment, they would die, then someone comes up to them and says they could use CRISPR to eradicate it... but it would cost a million dollars to do so, and you had the money, what right does anyone have to say to try it?

The state? Saying that you should die because cancer wills it?

Fuck that.
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:46 am

The Conservative wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:The child is already dead. Brain death, deafness, blindness, and comatose. That is a vegetable, not a child. It's tragic, but there was never a "life" option on the table.
Actually, there was at the beginning. Now there isn't, and I am sorry, but fuck anyone who thinks trying was ever off the table. If the child had any chance for a normal life, they should have been given it.
As I understand it, the state paid for years of treatments on him. The fact that one experimental snake oil was skipped at the end is no cause for outrage.

Again, we have no idea what we're doing with genetics yet.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:48 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
As I understand it, the state paid for years of treatments on him. The fact that one experimental snake oil was skipped at the end is no cause for outrage.

Again, we have no idea what we're doing with genetics yet.
They paid, then when the parents had a chance for something that had an opportunity to work, the state said: "Fuck you." because it wasn't them doing it.
#NotOneRedCent