How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

TheReal_ND

Re: How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:34 pm

brewster wrote:You guys are overthinking it. Take the SS example. The employee is going to get their SS & various taxes paid and get their after taxes salary, it will cost the company SS+taxes+take-home. The 50% SS they "pay" is part of his compensation. What difference does it make whether the employer pays 50%, 100% or nothing of the SS? The cost to the employer is exactly the same if they withhold 6.4% and pay the rest from his total benefit, or 12.4%, or feds be damned, pay the whole compensation via a 1099 and leave it up to him to pay the full SS & taxes. This latter is a "consultant" and very popular in some sectors. I've done that since I was 21.
Can I get a tldr?

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:35 pm

With more than 10,000 suppliers in China manufacturing for Wal-Mart, the great majority of its merchandize is “Made in China.”
http://prospect.org/article/wal-mart%E2 ... onnections

Since when is Walmart a Made in USA store?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

brewster

Post by brewster » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:36 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
brewster wrote:You guys are overthinking it. Take the SS example. The employee is going to get their SS & various taxes paid and get their after taxes salary, it will cost the company SS+taxes+take-home. The 50% SS they "pay" is part of his compensation. What difference does it make whether the employer pays 50%, 100% or nothing of the SS? The cost to the employer is exactly the same if they withhold 6.4% and pay the rest from his total benefit, or 12.4%, or feds be damned, pay the whole compensation via a 1099 and leave it up to him to pay the full SS & taxes. This latter is a "consultant" and very popular in some sectors. I've done that since I was 21.
Can I get a tldr?
That your attention span isn't enough for a paragraph explains much.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:37 pm

I never said it was I said they carry USDM. Im not trying to move the goal posts here but I stated they import overseas products. Where is the Walmart brand made in China? I want to know.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:42 pm

Yeah I'm looking at that and it's like "wow omg just wow Walmart has contracts with overseas suppliers." Fucking find me someone that doesn't. I said they import shit I want to see the Walmart brand made in China. You know what? Forget it. Stupid argument anyway. Didn't even answer the other part of my question.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:43 pm

It's not about the cost to the worker unless you consider the company offshoring. FFS, why does this need to be explained? It's not a hypothetical. Trump ran on this.

This isn't a question of, will companies leave if the cost of employing people is too high. That's already been settled. They're leaving. Have been leaving. Will continue to leave. Where was I when everyone took amnesia pills and forgot about the decades of offshoring of American jobs to find a cheaper workforce?

If it's all the same either way, then why did all the businesses flee the country? Didn't they know there was no difference in any of this?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

brewster

Post by brewster » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:51 pm

Okeefenokee wrote: This isn't a question of, will companies leave if the cost of employing people is too high. That's already been settled. They're leaving. Have been leaving. Will continue to leave. Where was I when everyone took amnesia pills and forgot about the decades of offshoring of American jobs to find a cheaper workforce?
I've already linked back to what I was talking about, on topic at that point to what StA said. I can't help that you want what I said to be about something else.

People need healthcare, like Hash said. Any plan that does not include real healthcare for all people is nasty and inhumane. Healthcare needs to be paid for. Any discussion needs to start there. I think healthcare through employers is a stupid notion unique to the US, and needs to go.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:01 pm

A whole lot to unpack there...

The US started the concept of healthcare iirc. Other countries incentivized employees in other ways. Like for instance, Mexican companies still pay food money for their families because the workers can't be trusted to not drink it all up. Hitler offered house interest free house loans of 100k and for every child they had a quarter was taken off the loan. America offered health insurance. Once the senate caught on to this they quickly made it a requirement for companies employing people under full time status.

Also, the idea of just handing our economy over to these fucking health insurance kikes is repulsive. They are the ones breaking the system to begin with.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:03 pm

Employers,
  • 1. can't print money
    2. want healthcare plans sufficient to attract employees
    3. negotiate on greater footing than individuals
Government,
  • 1. can print money
    2. want healthcare sufficient to bribe voters and mollify population
    3. negotiate on greater footing than individuals, but don't have to. see number 1.
Individuals,
  • 1. you're on you're own. if you can make it work, good on ya.

brewster

Post by brewster » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:06 pm

TheReal_ND wrote: Also, the idea of just handing our economy over to these fucking health insurance kikes is repulsive. They are the ones breaking the system to begin with.
Who do you think the companies by their insurance from? Whatever historical reasons for the current system are not valid reasons to continue as such. As a society we've decided to stop doing lots of stupid things. There's lots left.