How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

Fife

How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

Post by Fife » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:04 am

The Republican Plan Is Even Worse Than Obamacare
So who does like this thing? Well, um, I guess rich donors and the taxes-uber-alles wing of the conservative movement. The bill is pretty good on the tax side, in terms of repealing the squintillions of fiddling little taxes by which Obamacare helped fund itself. And Republicans in leadership, who appear to have fallen prey to the old political syllogism:

Something must be done.
This is something
Therefore, this must be done.

This bill is, to be fair, certainly something.

Something that shouldn’t be done.

When does the Burn It All Down start?

This turd belongs to the GOP now. Let them smear it all over themselves.

SilverEagle

Re: How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

Post by SilverEagle » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:17 am

Fife wrote:

The Republican Plan Is Even Worse Than Obamacare
So who does like this thing? Well, um, I guess rich donors and the taxes-uber-alles wing of the conservative movement. The bill is pretty good on the tax side, in terms of repealing the squintillions of fiddling little taxes by which Obamacare helped fund itself. And Republicans in leadership, who appear to have fallen prey to the old political syllogism:

Something must be done.
This is something
Therefore, this must be done.

This bill is, to be fair, certainly something.

Something that shouldn’t be done.

When does the Burn It All Down start?

Oh this will end up as government healthcare for all. I said that from the beginning and the GOP maybe the ones to do it. It is also very likely that the GOP may make a mutant form of Obama care and it will fail. Then next Dem POTUS will get Universal healthcare passed. Either way we will end up with Canadian style healthcare in the next 10 years.
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

apeman

Post by apeman » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:24 am

Fife wrote:When does the Burn It All Down start?

The GOP proves that it has no ideas, no problem solving desire or skills, no imagination, no guts.

Did they not have a sufficient number of years to come up with anything?

Freaking morons, if they have any brains (in a political, Machiavellian sense), they would have said health care reform comes last, first we're doing tax reform, etc. But they are simply too stupid.

Clubby, what am I missing here?

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:31 am

apeman wrote:

The GOP proves that it has no ideas, no problem solving desire or skills, no imagination, no guts.

Freaking morons, if they have any brains (in a political, Machiavellian sense), they would have said health care reform comes last, first we're doing tax reform, etc. But they are simply too stupid.

Oh they are unbelievably stupid and so are the Dems. All they are on both sides of isle is fund raisers. Their not good politicians.

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:39 am

SilverEagle wrote:
apeman wrote:

Oh they are unbelievably stupid and so are the Dems. All they are on both sides of isle is fund raisers. Their not good politicians.
I disagree, SilverEagle. They're excellent politicians. That is the entire problem.

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:44 am

Xenophon wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:
apeman wrote:

I disagree, SilverEagle. They're excellent politicians. That is the entire problem.
I disagree. They are losing their power to populism. They were careless and too open with their corruption and now it's biting them in the ass. Again they are better fund raisers than politicians.

apeman

Post by apeman » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:53 am

SilverEagle wrote:
Xenophon wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:
I disagree. They are losing their power to populism. They were careless and too open with their corruption and now it's biting them in the ass. Again they are better fund raisers than politicians.
The GOP got obliterated in the presidential contest, their "stars" like Jeb completely destroyed, and their party was taken over. Doesn't look excellent.

Calculus Man

Post by Calculus Man » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:02 am

What's really troubling is that people like Trump have brought up tort reform and interstate insurance markets, yet those issues don't seem to be addressed by the bill. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong--I haven't done too much digging yet.)

It's clear to me that Congressional Republicans know about those problems. They just won't do anything to solve them because they're corrupt. "Corrupt membrane", and all that.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:06 am

apeman wrote:

I know you didn't ask me, but ah hell, I am going to go ahead an answer.

What you are missing is that ACA is the GOP health plan. If Romney had won, it would have been called Romneycare, which is a way more accurate name, and they would have LOVED it.

What they didn't like was Obama and the DNC getting the credit.

Principled idiots like you and me know ACA is garbage law, if possibly for different reasons, but idiots like you and me didn't really get much say.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

apeman

Post by apeman » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:07 am

Calculus Man wrote:What's really troubling is that people like Trump have brought up tort reform and interstate insurance markets, yet those issues don't seem to be addressed by the bill. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong--I haven't done too much digging yet.)

It's clear to me that Congressional Republicans know about those problems. They just won't do anything to solve them because they're corrupt. "Corrupt membrane", and all that.
Good point, I forgot about all that. I think interstate markets are addressed, not tort reform, hopefully someone will come in and confirm/set the record straight.

If these fucktards cann't make an honest attempt at addressing obamacare -- after it being the primary rallying call for R's for so many years -- I want themm all thrown out of office.