Trump Tower Bugged by BHO?

clubgop

Re: Trump Tower Bugged by BHO?

Post by clubgop » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:56 pm

ssu wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:Gülen is pure cancer that should have been deported years ago. No real sympathy from me there.
Deporting Gülen to Turkey might perhaps be one move... to save the Turkish-US alliance.

But kidnapping him?

Sometimes it happens like that... a person is given asylum or refugee status, and then the person is snatched by the countries intelligence services or special forces with behind the scenes permission to do it. Hence here Flynn etc. might have thought about doing it like that: Turkish secret service grabs Gülen, the US can say that Gülen didn't want security and/or they didn't have anything to do with it. Avoid the legal/political problems of simply handling over a person to Erdogan who basically jails & fires officers for just serving in NATO headquarters.

Anyway, this whole mess is far from over.

And lets remember that the thing had a price tag: half a million or so for lobbying for it.
Nope fuck all that. He is last chip we have before Turkey goes full on with Russia.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:58 pm

Shoo neocohen.

ssu

Post by ssu » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:59 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Iirc Gülen has close ties to the previous administration or at least a good deal of campaign contributions. I would love to learn everything the IC knows about him but it's doubtful they will throw the previous administration under the bus like they so avidly do with the current one. I don't see this Gülen thing going anywhere. Extraordinary rendition isn't an unheard of thing anyway. We do it all the time, even on US soil, see Chicago. Good.
Sometime else it would be a big thing, now it's just a sidenote.

Yet what should be noted is that Flynn even goes with this kind of "lobbying". An advisor first on a Presidential campaign and then the national security advisor. It simply raises the question if there is lack of judgement. He might have been a great staff officer, yet when there's no clear order what to do, seems like he turned into a loose cannon.

Now Trump is a great campaigner. No small feat slamming the GOP establishment to the ground and getting the candidacy and winning the election. However, why go to present an important bill that isn't accepted even by your own party? How can you fuck up in getting a law passed when your party controls both houses? These kind of things just raise the question of judgement. Or even more, how hasn't Trump gotten into command of his own administration? He is the President. The whole system works for him. Yet where the hell is Dan Coats? Or Pompeo? Why the hell is Trump acting like somehow Obama would be in charge? Why is he tweeting about Hillary?

All I'm saying looking at everything, is that I think it's totally possible that for Trump and the Trump team getting a little push from the Russians might have looked like a great idea, if you don't truly think what the consequences would be if it came out. If Putin would be just a rich guy (which he is) behind some powerfull Superpac well known to dig up dirt on your opponents, why not use that, especially if the rich guy has a grudge against your opponent? The trivial way for example some idiot Roger Stone bragged about new info coming on Podesta and having backchannels to Wikileaks and being in contact with Guccifer 2.0 just shows that they saw nothing wrong about it. Trump said he could even meet Putin before being President and had his famous "sarcasm" moment. For Trump it seemed quite trivial to make a "joke" like that. Because it looks from a point of a deal very nice: Russia helps him in the election, he lifts the sanctions and gets a new beginning with Russia, everybody wins. If so, it's simple lack of judgement to think that it's fine to get help from other countries, especially a country that isn't your ally.

ssu

Post by ssu » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:05 pm

clubgop wrote: Nope fuck all that. He is last chip we have before Turkey goes full on with Russia.
US - Turkish relations are really at a crucial point now, that's for sure. Even if both sides downplay it, there are huge problems.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:11 pm

ssu wrote:
clubgop wrote: Nope fuck all that. He is last chip we have before Turkey goes full on with Russia.
US - Turkish relations are really at a crucial point now, that's for sure. Even if both sides downplay it, there are huge problems.

Turkey is waging a war against you, Finlander. Why are you defending them? Their leader just flat out admitted he is waging demographic war against you.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:12 pm

ssu wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:Iirc Gülen has close ties to the previous administration or at least a good deal of campaign contributions. I would love to learn everything the IC knows about him but it's doubtful they will throw the previous administration under the bus like they so avidly do with the current one. I don't see this Gülen thing going anywhere. Extraordinary rendition isn't an unheard of thing anyway. We do it all the time, even on US soil, see Chicago. Good.
Sometime else it would be a big thing, now it's just a sidenote.

Yet what should be noted is that Flynn even goes with this kind of "lobbying". An advisor first on a Presidential campaign and then the national security advisor. It simply raises the question if there is lack of judgement. He might have been a great staff officer, yet when there's no clear order what to do, seems like he turned into a loose cannon.

Now Trump is a great campaigner. No small feat slamming the GOP establishment to the ground and getting the candidacy and winning the election. However, why go to present an important bill that isn't accepted even by your own party? How can you fuck up in getting a law passed when your party controls both houses? These kind of things just raise the question of judgement. Or even more, how hasn't Trump gotten into command of his own administration? He is the President. The whole system works for him. Yet where the hell is Dan Coats? Or Pompeo? Why the hell is Trump acting like somehow Obama would be in charge? Why is he tweeting about Hillary?

All I'm saying looking at everything, is that I think it's totally possible that for Trump and the Trump team getting a little push from the Russians might have looked like a great idea, if you don't truly think what the consequences would be if it came out. If Putin would be just a rich guy (which he is) behind some powerfull Superpac well known to dig up dirt on your opponents, why not use that, especially if the rich guy has a grudge against your opponent? The trivial way for example some idiot Roger Stone bragged about new info coming on Podesta and having backchannels to Wikileaks and being in contact with Guccifer 2.0 just shows that they saw nothing wrong about it. Trump said he could even meet Putin before being President and had his famous "sarcasm" moment. For Trump it seemed quite trivial to make a "joke" like that. Because it looks from a point of a deal very nice: Russia helps him in the election, he lifts the sanctions and gets a new beginning with Russia, everybody wins. If so, it's simple lack of judgement to think that it's fine to get help from other countries, especially a country that isn't your ally.
1. Flynn would be of a long line of political generals that receive deals from Russia and others. Also, I'm sure there's no need to point out that greasing the wheels is a uniformly bipartisan practice.

2. You're conflating Fynn's supposed lack of judgement with a failed healthcare reform bill and speculation about more nefarious connections.

3. I hope they did "hack the election." Putin is cool.

ssu

Post by ssu » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:39 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote: Turkey is waging a war against you, Finlander. Why are you defending them? Their leader just flat out admitted he is waging demographic war against you.
Source?

I think he didn't refer to when he (Erdogan) talked about countries supporting the coup attempt. I think the blame was on you then.

Turkey as an ally of the US is better than a foe of the US.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:43 pm

Agreed. Send back Gülen.

ssu

Post by ssu » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:47 pm

TheReal_ND wrote: 1. Flynn would be of a long line of political generals that receive deals from Russia and others.
Long line? That's interesting. Name one or two others that have been so cozy with the Russia.
TheReal_ND wrote:3. I hope they did "hack the election." Putin is cool.
Talented player he is. His gambles have paid out so far.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:51 pm

Eh... maybe not Russia per se. But generals are pretty notorious for their political activism and lack of aversion to greased palms. Most of them are liberals as well. Little known fact. Honestly, not generals but for politicians you need look no further than the Clintons or Biden's son for kickback deals with Russia.
Talented player he is. His gambles have paid out so far.
Or maybe western government are just completely inept.