Supervolcano 'ready to blow'

Xenophon

Re: Supervolcano 'ready to blow'

Post by Xenophon » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:08 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
Anglican's allowing women and openly gay men into the clergy right up to the level of Bishop? Can't accept that level of Marxist, feminist degeneracy to be acknowledged dear boy. Don't you know that's the end of Western civilisation and don't even get me started on the 1% Muslim immigration crisis.
Unthinkable. Death to the heretics.
Now you're getting it.....

GrumpyCatFace wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Could you two keep your make-out sessions confined to PM?

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:31 pm

Xenophon wrote: Could you two keep your make-out sessions confined to PM?
PRUDE!!!

For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:37 pm

Deus vult.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:50 pm

SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:01 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Image
Starting a thread with the words "ready to blow" in the title has really opened it up to memes like this.... :lol: :lol:

Not to mention the references in the article to huge swellings and eruptions.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:16 pm

That must be a good one because my work's blocking it
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:58 pm

SilverEagle wrote::liar: I have my doubts.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest- ... n-vesuvius
I wonder if someday we'll develop sufficient technology to release the pressure in these things before they erupt.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:59 pm

de officiis wrote:

I wonder if someday we'll develop sufficient technology to release the pressure in these things before they erupt.

Too much energy for this any time soon. These things are a straight shot into the mantle. The volume of their magma chambers are absolutely massive.

Maybe it's possible to widen the chambers, though.. not sure. Probably should test that out in the European one before we mess with Yellowstone.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:27 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
de officiis wrote:

Too much energy for this any time soon. These things are a straight shot into the mantle. The volume of their magma chambers are absolutely massive.

Maybe it's possible to widen the chambers, though.. not sure. Probably should test that out in the European one before we mess with Yellowstone.
Be interesting to see the numbers on what kind of energy could be extracted from these things to draw down their potential.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:38 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
de officiis wrote:

Be interesting to see the numbers on what kind of energy could be extracted from these things to draw down their potential.

It would be enormous, but how?