The Fed Ex Driver and the Flag

Montegriffo

Re: The Fed Ex Driver and the Flag

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:28 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Point being I can do whatever the fuck I want to the Union Jack free of any repercussion. With the American flag.... less so.

It's not that I'm really invested in that flag as a rallying point anyway. Half of my "fellow Americans" are from somewhere other than Western Europe and I want them the fuck out.
As the flag lover that I know you are I feel it my duty to let you know it is only the Union Jack when flown on a ship, at all other times it should be referred to as the Union Flag.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:32 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:Point being I can do whatever the fuck I want to the Union Jack free of any repercussion. With the American flag.... less so.

It's not that I'm really invested in that flag as a rallying point anyway. Half of my "fellow Americans" are from somewhere other than Western Europe and I want them the fuck out.
As the flag lover that I know you are I feel it my duty to let you know it is only the Union Jack when flown on a ship, at all other times it should be referred to as the Union Flag.
Unless you're in Canader, at which point, it's the Royal Union Flag.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:34 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
"An error occurred. Please try again later."?

I'm not familiar with that one, can you whistle it for me, McArgie Belgranonaut?

Does that work, Jackboots McMapleleaf?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:41 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Does that work, Jackboots McMapleleaf?
Punk retrospective, eh? I've gotten back into X-Ray Spex of late. Digging the sax; Mod meets Punk.

Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:02 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:Does that work, Jackboots McMapleleaf?
Punk retrospective, eh? I've gotten back into X-Ray Spex of late.

Great band, this was my favourite record on the college jukebox back in the day

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:19 pm

Right, nuff of that, back to our regularly scheduled program...

Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:30 pm

I hope they use sustainable bearskins for those Busby hats.
They need a whole American black bear hide per hat according to google.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:43 pm

Montegriffo wrote:I hope they use sustainable bearskins for those Busby hats.
They need a whole American black bear hide per hat according to google.
A Bearskin is a Bearskin, a Busby is a Busby, they're not the same thing, the Household Infantry wear the Bearskin, the Busby; is the Hungarian Shako, most famously worn by Hussars.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:45 pm

de officiis wrote:
KerningChameleon wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote: I mean, maybe if you burned the Gonzales flag I would call you a cuck.
I'm just trying to figure out what "the line" is here. . . . Simply put, what makes burning one flag an "act of treason and amendment making worthy", and another just some nut torching a piece of colored cloth?
A flag is a symbol. Ergo, deliberately burning it is a symbolic act, as is rescuing it from burning. The motivations to do either are ultimately a matter of personal opinion about what the flag symbolizes. I would say that the fellows doing the burning here were clearly within their first amendment rights to do so (setting aside the permit issue), but of course that is no guarantee against private action. In fact, I would go far to say that the act of burning the flag in public is an invitation to private action; i.e., if you aren't trying to get a reaction from others, then your act of burning it in public has no purpose.
and they got a reaction. A working man, veteran, took the time to make a statement. They backed away, impotently, as he countered their statement. And now we see who is appalled at such an outcome.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

KerningChameleon

Post by KerningChameleon » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:46 pm

I'm still not clear what your plan for these "Native Americans" and their federally recognized independent nations you so hate is. Unless you want them kicked out of Oklahoma and sent back to their ancestral US East Coast, which seems like a lateral move from your perspective.
"Old World Blues.' It refers to those so obsessed with the past they can't see the present, much less the future, for what it is. They stare into the what-was...as the realities of their world continue on around them." -Fallout New Vegas