The Fed Ex Driver and the Flag

Smitty-48

Re: The Fed Ex Driver and the Flag

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:00 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Nothing against such a fine upstanding rugby playing nation these days
Dance, ya two faced Argie lovin' muthafuckah!

Nec Aspera Terrent

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:02 pm

KerningChameleon wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:
KerningChameleon wrote:So, just so we're clear, if I were to, say, film and post a video of me burning a little confederate flag on my barbecue in the backyard, nobody here would care at all, right?
I mean, maybe if you burned the Gonzales flag I would call you a cuck.
I'm just trying to figure out what "the line" is here. . . . Simply put, what makes burning one flag an "act of treason and amendment making worthy", and another just some nut torching a piece of colored cloth?
A flag is a symbol. Ergo, deliberately burning it is a symbolic act, as is rescuing it from burning. The motivations to do either are ultimately a matter of personal opinion about what the flag symbolizes. I would say that the fellows doing the burning here were clearly within their first amendment rights to do so (setting aside the permit issue), but of course that is no guarantee against private action. In fact, I would go far to say that the act of burning the flag in public is an invitation to private action; i.e., if you aren't trying to get a reaction from others, then your act of burning it in public has no purpose.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:05 pm

Seriously, we need to start burning rainbow flags when they do that. Just walk across the street and desecrate the fucking thing. Film it so you can show the world what hypocritical degenerates they are when they get hysterical.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:11 pm

Montegriffo wrote:And I'm a vegetarian as I'm sure you'd remember if old age and whisky hadn't degenerated your memory so badly.
You're a purveyor of Hoon-tish corn beef of the mind, Belgrano Boy...

... but indeed, I am on a single malt bender at the moment; Orkney's and Hebrides, Highland Park and McClelland's both.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:11 pm

Point being I can do whatever the fuck I want to the Union Jack free of any repercussion. With the American flag.... less so.

It's not that I'm really invested in that flag as a rallying point anyway. Half of my "fellow Americans" are from somewhere other than Western Europe and I want them the fuck out.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:16 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:Nothing against such a fine upstanding rugby playing nation these days

If I'm going to dance it will be to this little ditty

For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:18 pm

You don't believe in anything. You stand for nothing. And if I'm wrong, the one thing you belive in is the extermination of the white race. Explain yourself please.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:19 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

If I'm going to dance it will be to this little ditty

"An error occurred. Please try again later."?

I'm not familiar with that one, can you whistle it for me, McArgie Belgranonaut?
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:20 pm

Had to go south on I-95 toward Richmond VA yesterday. On my left I passed an enormous Confederate flag flapping above the treeline. Turns out, it was this. Apparently some people find it irritating.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:22 pm

What is this?

I don't click on disguised links and for a community that hates archives I though by now this would stop. Old DCF meets new I guess.