The Fed Ex Driver and the Flag

TheReal_ND

Re: The Fed Ex Driver and the Flag

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:58 pm

Well I thought the point of a flag was to rally around it. Was I wrong this whole time?

KerningChameleon

Post by KerningChameleon » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:03 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Well I thought the point of a flag was to rally around it. Was I wrong this whole time?
You know, when I was in high school, we did this thing in Chemistry where we made tie-dye t-shirts. Most of the class just made the regular rainbow thing and were done with it, but being a contrarian little shit, I wanted to be different. For some reason, I thought the most "subversive" tie-dye I could make was a red, white and blue one.

I'd ask if burning that counts as a flag, but it currently has a hole under the sleeve iirc, so that might actually count as proper disposal. :lol:
"Old World Blues.' It refers to those so obsessed with the past they can't see the present, much less the future, for what it is. They stare into the what-was...as the realities of their world continue on around them." -Fallout New Vegas

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:21 pm

It's probably pretty based to burn French tie dies.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:30 pm

KerningChameleon wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:
KerningChameleon wrote:So, just so we're clear, if I were to, say, film and post a video of me burning a little confederate flag on my barbecue in the backyard, nobody here would care at all, right?
I mean, maybe if you burned the Gonzales flag I would call you a cuck.
I'm just trying to figure out what "the line" is here. Like, if I burn the UK flag, will Monty get steamed? What about the plain English or Scottish flags, is that verboten? How about, say, the Falkland Islands flag, will Smitty declare vendetta on me then?

What about outdated flags, like the Betsy Ross Flag, which probably wasn't used much as an actual flag at all? How about the British East Asia Company Flag, would anyone care about that getting converted to carbon? Simply put, what makes burning one flag an "act of treason and amendment making worthy", and another just some nut torching a piece of colored cloth?
So long as it wasn't a nylon flag producing noxious smoke I wouldn't be too bothered. All good stimulation for the Union flag manufacturing industry.
Peaceful protest is peaceful protest, fill your boots.
And it's Monte not Monty by the way. :lol:
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

KerningChameleon

Post by KerningChameleon » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:38 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
KerningChameleon wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote: I mean, maybe if you burned the Gonzales flag I would call you a cuck.
I'm just trying to figure out what "the line" is here. Like, if I burn the UK flag, will Monty get steamed? What about the plain English or Scottish flags, is that verboten? How about, say, the Falkland Islands flag, will Smitty declare vendetta on me then?

What about outdated flags, like the Betsy Ross Flag, which probably wasn't used much as an actual flag at all? How about the British East Asia Company Flag, would anyone care about that getting converted to carbon? Simply put, what makes burning one flag an "act of treason and amendment making worthy", and another just some nut torching a piece of colored cloth?
So long as it wasn't a nylon flag producing noxious smoke I wouldn't be too bothered. All good stimulation for the Union flag manufacturing industry.
Peaceful protest is peaceful protest, fill your boots.
And it's Monte not Monty by the way. :lol:
I burned that e and planted a y in the ashes.

"Old World Blues.' It refers to those so obsessed with the past they can't see the present, much less the future, for what it is. They stare into the what-was...as the realities of their world continue on around them." -Fallout New Vegas

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:44 pm

Montegriffo wrote: How about, say, the Falkland Islands flag, will Smitty declare vendetta on me then?

President Reagan purchased you quite some considerable leeway, when he came through with the AIM-9L all aspect seeking Sidewinder missiles for the Task Force en route to the TEZ in 1982, so in deference to the Gipper, I'll look the other way.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:46 pm

Don't ever burn an E. Far too many nasty chemicals in a "disco biscuit" to go around setting fire to them. Best to just drop it and drive around looking for an illegal rave.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:49 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Montegriffo wrote: How about, say, the Falkland Islands flag, will Smitty declare vendetta on me then?

President Reagan purchased you quite some considerable leeway, when he came through with the AIM-9L all aspect seeking Sidewinder missiles for the Task Force en route to the TEZ in 1982, so in deference to the Gipper, I'll look the other way.
Hold your horses there Smitty, not me suggesting the burning of the Falklands flag.
Now if Maggie had her own flag I'd be hunting for the Swan Vestas right away. :lol:

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:51 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

Hold your horses there Smitty, not me suggesting the burning of the Falklands flag.
Now if Maggie had her own flag I'd be hunting for the Swan Vestas right away. :lol:
Oh, I thought it was a Yank asking, no doubt you would burn Desire The Right, you filthy Wannabe Argie Bastard.

Of course I've already sworn a vendetta against you, for your ignominious sedition on behalf of the Junta, ya corn beef eatin' muthahfuckah.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:57 pm

It was a Yank, your clumsy editing made it look like it was me saying it.
Nothing against such a fine upstanding rugby playing nation these days, once they booted out their fascist junta I was cool with them.

And I'm a vegetarian as I'm sure you'd remember if old age and whisky hadn't degenerated your memory so badly.
Last edited by Montegriffo on Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.