Trump's SCOTUS

Ex-California

Re: Trump's SCOTUS

Post by Ex-California » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:11 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:You could also just abolish all the unconstitutional income stealing in the family court system. There's that too.

Women have jobs now too. You don't need child support and alimony.

I am all for paying for day care along with education, though. No reason not to get a job.
This is it
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:11 pm

I personally mean that dad signs a piece of paper stating he wants nothing to do with the child. Similar to giving up a kid for adoption, perhaps.
Account abandoned.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:14 pm

Kath wrote:I personally mean that dad signs a piece of paper stating he wants nothing to do with the child. Similar to giving up a kid for adoption, perhaps.
If that's what you mean, who would take up the parental vacuum for the departing dad? A step-dad? Nobody? Who?

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:17 pm

Fife wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:I clearly said written relinquishment. I'm not going to write the statute. You're the lawyer.

Yeah, you clearly said some undefined term. Not acceptable for honest debate. Say what you mean and say what you mean.

Define "relinquishment process."

Just say what you mean, clearly, and we'll be able to talk it out.
It's a piece of paper with writing on it, but that's not important right now.
:royalty-queen:

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:21 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Fife wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:I clearly said written relinquishment. I'm not going to write the statute. You're the lawyer.

Yeah, you clearly said some undefined term. Not acceptable for honest debate. Say what you mean and say what you mean.

Oh holy fuck. How fucking disingenuous can you be?

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:31 pm

Fife wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
Fife wrote:

1) mother informs bio father that she's pregnant
2) bio father has x number of days to file relinquishment with whatever state agency is so designated
3) bio father has x number of days to change his mind
4) I can be far more disingenuous
5) why am I writing a procedure for an SME on a Friday night

It would be the same procedure as adoption relinquishment but with a shorter time frame. Every state would have different requirements.

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:32 pm

Fife wrote:
Kath wrote:I personally mean that dad signs a piece of paper stating he wants nothing to do with the child. Similar to giving up a kid for adoption, perhaps.
If that's what you mean, who would take up the parental vacuum for the departing dad? A step-dad? Nobody? Who?
That's why I said:
The big problem with that is in many cases, this means the woman goes on welfare and the child becomes a problem for all of us.

How do you reconcile that?
Account abandoned.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:35 pm

Kath wrote:
Fife wrote:
That's why I said:
The big problem with that is in many cases, this means the woman goes on welfare and the child becomes a problem for all of us.

How do you reconcile that?

Who's the adoptive parent if we let dad skate away free and clear, but if mom goes for adoption there has to be public or private caretaker in place?

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:36 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Fife wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
2) bio father has x number of days to file relinquishment with whatever state agency is so designated

It would be the same procedure as adoption relinquishment but with a shorter time frame. Every state would have different requirements.
I'd like to take you to the child support docket sometime, just for shits and giggles.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:45 pm

Fife wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
Fife wrote:

I'd like to take you to the child support docket sometime, just for shits and giggles.
We're talking about establishing a relinquishment process for prospective fathers, not current practice. I would think that you'd be in favor of this type of process. It would be much more fair to men.

I know you were talking to Kath, but why would there have to be an adoptive second parent? There isn't now. As she pointed out, how the cost would be borne is a concern and there will certainly be the problem of fathers relinquishing on paper only, but like current welfare practices it would be a relatively small segment of the population.