Law And Order All the Way. Oh, and Torture Too.

Smitty-48

Re: Law And Order All the Way. Oh, and Torture Too.

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:47 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:Well we let countries like Egypt do the real torture. That's pretty tame stuff.
It's not cutting off bodyparts, or killing people, no. Therefore, this is fine and not torture?
Abu Ghraib was not santioned Enhanced Interrogation by the book, what happened at Abu Ghraib, has happened in every war America has fought, including World War Two, troops going off the reservation, is par for the course, Enhanced Interrogation was actually an attempt to constrain the normative excesses of war, by channeling the activity into a controlled paradigm. "Can't do that, but you can do this, only under supervision, and by the book."

Enhanced Interrogation is SERE deployed as a weapon, Abu Ghraib went far beyond the approved SERE constraints. SERE is a simulation, Abu Ghraib was live fire. Nothing they do to you in SERE, is going to leave any permanent damage, even waterboarding, is merely a simulation in the end.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:51 pm

apeman wrote:Serious question:

Wouldn't it be superior to use a slug (or sabot if rifled barrel) to shoot a deer instead of 00?
Certainly. Shotgun restrictions for big game hunting are urban constructs.

apeman

Post by apeman » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:56 pm

Fife wrote:
apeman wrote:Serious question:

Wouldn't it be superior to use a slug (or sabot if rifled barrel) to shoot a deer instead of 00?
Certainly. Shotgun restrictions for big game hunting are urban constructs.
thanks, couldn't imagine any advantage to 00 except complying with regs or unless you are blind.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:59 pm

Well I'm not wastin a seven dollar round if I'm literally waiting on the fucker to show up to the feeder.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:01 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
C-Mag wrote:For the most part, the extent of what happened at Abu Graib. /quote]

Are you serious right now?
Very serious.

Most of what happened at Abu Graib was what was policy, some of it was coloring outside the lines, but not that much.

I've been through SERE and the levels of interrogation I posted above. I survived it, am still a productive member of society, and I don't walk around twitching.......................................... well not too much :lol:

Like I said, this is not Unit 731. While I do believe worse stuff happens at black sites and we've never stopped using those, even under Obama, the above 6 steps including water boarding are fine.

It's SOP to strip prisoners down naked, that guy was not electrocuted, they were trolling him. Did some POWs get their assess beat in prison, sure. Were fairly innocents scooped up in this, yes. It's fucking war people. You do realize that the US Police have as much or more power to kill you during an arrest than Soldiers do on a battlefield.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:03 pm

C-Mag wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
C-Mag wrote:For the most part, the extent of what happened at Abu Graib. /quote]

Are you serious right now?
Very serious.

Most of what happened at Abu Graib was what was policy, some of it was coloring outside the lines, but not that much.

I've been through SERE and the levels of interrogation I posted above. I survived it, am still a productive member of society, and I don't walk around twitching.......................................... well not too much :lol:

Like I said, this is not Unit 731. While I do believe worse stuff happens at black sites and we've never stopped using those, even under Obama, the above 6 steps including water boarding are fine.

It's SOP to strip prisoners down naked, that guy was not electrocuted, they were trolling him. Did some POWs get their assess beat in prison, sure. Were fairly innocents scooped up in this, yes. It's fucking war people. You do realize that the US Police have as much or more power to kill you during an arrest than Soldiers do on a battlefield.
Fair point. That's why I make sure not to be black around them.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:06 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Well I'm not wastin a seven dollar round if I'm literally waiting on the fucker to show up to the feeder.

Haha City-boy.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:08 pm

That's why I make sure not to be black
Pearls

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:15 am

Trump signed the order at the Pentagon hours after he said at the White House that he will allow Mattis, who retired as a Marine general in 2013, to “override” him on whether the United States tortures terrorism suspects. Trump has said he is convinced torture works, while Mattis believes interrogations should be carried out according to U.S. military guidelines, which specifically ban techniques such as waterboarding.
“He’s an expert. He’s highly respected. I happen to feel that it does work,” Trump said, without mentioning that Congress has banned torture. “I’ve been open about that for a long period of time. But I am going with our leaders.”
Trump launches 'great rebuilding' of U.S. military - The Washington Post
https://apple.news/AJ0qPH2SsQVmZRzbkE5PVKg