Law And Order All the Way. Oh, and Torture Too.

Fife

Law And Order All the Way. Oh, and Torture Too.

Post by Fife » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:38 pm

Send the Feds into Chicago. Send 'em in with their torture kits.

President Donald Trump says he believes torture works
"I have spoken with people at the highest level of intelligence and I asked them the question 'Does it work? Does torture work?' and the answer was 'Yes, absolutely'.

And ISIS just got ten feet taller.

We are certainly blessed to live in interesting times.

Zlaxer

Re: Law And Order All the Way. Oh, and Torture Too.

Post by Zlaxer » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:39 pm

Yeah, I saw that....still a little shocked......

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:48 pm

I've never been tortured... Well, yeah, I have, if you allow volunteering for extreme physical & emotional discomfort is also torture, but thinking about it, if someone was cutting off my dick, or pulling out my fingernails, hell, I'd tell them anything they want to know. At some point, I'd tell them everything they want to hear, true or not; perhaps that's the dividing line?

Or maybe torture doesn't work on most people & I'm just a pussy?
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:50 pm

Torture works depending on what you are trying to accomplish. It still will fuck up your life. You will have to live with that.

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:02 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Torture works depending on what you are trying to accomplish. It still will fuck up your life. You will have to live with that.

What is your referent for "you/your" there? I agree with you in any event about the effects of torture, but just trying to figure out how broad that statement is.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:03 pm

Fife wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Torture works depending on what you are trying to accomplish. It still will fuck up your life. You will have to live with that.

What is your referent for "you/your" there? I agree with you in any event about the effects of torture, but just trying to figure out how broad that statement is.

Anybody.

If I believed 100% that I could avert a 9-11-scale attack by torturing some ISIS fuckwit, I'd do it. It would suck. But I would do it because what the fuck else am I supposed to do in a situation like that?

katarn

Post by katarn » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:51 pm

Martin Hash wrote:I've never been tortured... Well, yeah, I have, if you allow volunteering for extreme physical & emotional discomfort is also torture, but thinking about it, if someone was cutting off my dick, or pulling out my fingernails, hell, I'd tell them anything they want to know. At some point, I'd tell them everything they want to hear, true or not; perhaps that's the dividing line?

Or maybe torture doesn't work on most people & I'm just a pussy?
At a certain point, I can't imagine there are many people who can't be tortured into the truth as they see it. Intentional lies can't really be sustained if the torturers continue for surety, as I would imagine. Things I have experience with, like wrestling, might be a poor analogy to nationally important information and straight torture, but I know you can make pretty tough people squeal very quickly with properly applied pain and mental desperation (mental desperation would be like in a choke hold or other positions that pressure the body in a way that makes the mind freak out beyond the actual danger).
"Stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage...
If I have freedom in my love
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone that soar above
Enjoy such Liberty" - Richard Lovelace

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:15 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fife wrote:

Anybody.

If I believed 100% that I could avert a 9-11-scale attack by torturing some ISIS fuckwit, I'd do it. It would suck. But I would do it because what the fuck else am I supposed to do in a situation like that?

I'm with you. If it seems like the only choice in real time, I'm going to have to let the jury make the call after the fact.

As a matter of state policy, it's a different deal. Trump's quote was reckless and dangerous to our country and our foreign policy, IMNSHO.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:30 pm

Absolutely moronic. Not even a week in, and we're fucked.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:36 pm

Grump's head is exploding.
(Grump, R U OK?)
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change