RandyCare

Fife

RandyCare

Post by Fife » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:26 pm

:o

Sen. Rand Paul Introduces Replacement for Obamacare

So, Randy's thrown out a replacement plan.

Some highlights I see:

• Provides a two-year open-enrollment period under which individuals with pre-existing conditions can obtain coverage

• Restores HIPAA pre-existing conditions protections. Prior to Obamacare, HIPAA guaranteed those within the group market could obtain continuous health coverage regardless of preexisting conditions.

• Replaces the existing open-ended tax exclusion for employer-provided health insurance with a universal deduction on both income and payroll taxes that would provide the same level of benefit regardless of how an individual obtains their health insurance.

• Tax credit to $5K for HSA contributions, with unlimited and unrestricted contributions allowed

• Liberalizes permissibility to pool

• Permits insurers to sell policies interstate (!!)

• Liberalizes ability of Association Health Plans to be approved AND work interstate (!!)

• Liberalizes states' ability to manage their state Medicaid plans without having DC jamming it all up

Pot-shots incoming in 3....2....1....

Speaker to Animals

Re: RandyCare

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:07 pm

Add in:

Veterans can get a voucher for the cost of their VAH health care to purchase private insurance.

And I am in.

Penner

Post by Penner » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:12 pm

Fife wrote::o

Some highlights I see:

• Provides a two-year open-enrollment period under which individuals with pre-existing conditions can obtain coverage

• Restores HIPAA pre-existing conditions protections. Prior to Obamacare, HIPAA guaranteed those within the group market could obtain continuous health coverage regardless of preexisting conditions.

• Replaces the existing open-ended tax exclusion for employer-provided health insurance with a universal deduction on both income and payroll taxes that would provide the same level of benefit regardless of how an individual obtains their health insurance.

• Tax credit to $5K for HSA contributions, with unlimited and unrestricted contributions allowed

• Liberalizes ability of Association Health Plans to be approved AND work interstate (!!)

• Liberalizes states' ability to manage their state Medicaid plans without having DC jamming it all up

But where is the public option?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:13 pm

Penner wrote:
Fife wrote::o

Some highlights I see:

But where is the public option?

:lol:

Best joke all week.

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:14 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Add in:

Veterans can get a voucher for the cost of their VAH health care to purchase private insurance.

And I am in.
Roger that, bigly. Let the VA recede to it's proper size, if it has any size at all.

I didn't see that in the article and I haven't even clicked on the text of Randy's bill yet. BUT-- I think Randy is definitely personally down this idea. As to whether he put it in the bill, or would push for it, Iunno.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:16 pm

I agree with Penner: why not a Public Option (Medicare for everyone)?

Are Republicans owned by the Insurance Industry? Why are we still even using the word "insurance"? What are the cost containment plans?
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:22 pm

:eusa-think:

Yeah, BroHash, I don't think you're gonna get the commie option from Randy in his bill.

Go find some Al Franken or Fauxcahontas fucker to propose that bullshit. :D :goteam:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:31 pm

I think the dems in the Senate could still filibuster it, so I wouldn't be surprised if a public option were added into whatever the republicans come up with just to get the thing passed.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:37 pm

A Public Option doesn't have to be mandatory like it is in Canada, it could be like the NHS: don't like being treated like cattle, pay more for private care. I LIKED the NHS. I'm much more a "cattle" guy than a touchy-feely type. Gimme a no-nonsense doc with no-nonsense drugs, fast, and get me the hell out. (The hospitals I worked at were 100% Medicare/Medicaid & I had NHS care while living in Britain, so I know of which I speak.)

To repeat: I, personally, would take Medicare over private care.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:42 pm

I would convert the VAH system to the public option, and give veterans a choice of using it or receiving a voucher to purchase insurance elsewhere.