Women's March

Xenophon

Re: Women's March

Post by Xenophon » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:43 am

de officiis wrote:
Some civil rights activists and supporters of the Black Lives Matter movement resent the success of the anti-Trump Women’s March on Washington — taking offense at the favorable press and praise heaped on a generally peaceful event that resulted in zero arrests . . . .

Ijeoma Oluo, editor at large of feminist website The Establishment, said the reason no one was arrested was that the marchers were primarily white women.

“To brag that no one was arrested at a march that was filled with white women, as if that is an accomplishment that you really had a huge part of, what it does is it says that marches that were branded as ‘disruptive’ are less than,” Ms. Oluo said Tuesday on WBUR’s “Here & Now.”

The tone and tenor of the women’s marches . . . stood in stark contrast to the presidential inauguration protests Friday, when more than 200 people were arrested and six officers were injured in the nation’s capital . . . .

While Inauguration Day demonstrations turned violent . . . several pictures on social media showed women’s marchers and police officers . . . taking selfies together.

“The truth is, we are all fighting for very important things, but only certain people get to march down the street and not have to worry about violence from police officers,” Ms. Oluo said.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... able-wome/

Gee, maybe it had something to do with the violent behavior of the Inauguration Day protesters? Naw, couldn't be that...
It's fun to see them all turn on each other.

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:19 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:When I left, it was the property taxes. I have a similar condo now to what I had in Cook county. Cook county property taxes were over seven thousand per year. My property taxes here are about seven hundred per year.

Yet we got very little for our property taxes in Cook county, Chicago, and the surrounding villages. It was all going to public workers and unpaid pensions. People are going to make the rational decision of opting out of paying +10k per year for very little in services. The cops were all crooked assholes who fed upon the people they allegedly served for even more revenue. The schools mostly suck, and even the good districts charge a great deal more per student than the local parochial schools do (who perform better as well).

People can see this growing unfunded pension liabilities and they didn't have anything to do with it. It's all corruption between the democratic politicians and the public sector unions. So people are leaving.
Nooooow... let's subtract a wee bit of federal funding, just non-congressional approval stuff to begin.
Wait, am I on the correct thread?
Chicago is a sanctuary city, right?
Confused, optimistic, what's the difference?
How did Chicago ever get rid of Capone? Was it Dumb Dever, Little Willy, or was it Seamus the rednosed copper? No, it was the feds backed by the finer Second Citizens.
The "sharp elbowed" man without a mayoral mansion welcomes Trump's help (provided it comes in Swiss Francs on an IranAir flight--no cameras, please,) but our president is a penny pincher. He'll send in the ATF, IRS, FBI and armed volunteer postal workers to clean up that shit hole.
8-)
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:35 am

Without the BLM the Women's March means absolutely nothing.

Trump does need to back off the Pro-Life angle though.

It's not important and will only make things more difficult for himself.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

K@th

Post by K@th » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:38 am

kybkh wrote:
He doesn't seem concerned.
Account abandoned.

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:06 am

Some civil rights activists and supporters of the Black Lives Matter movement resent the success of the anti-Trump Women’s March on Washington — taking offense at the favorable press and praise heaped on a generally peaceful event that resulted in zero arrests, while wondering where the millions of women and their supporters were during race-based protests over the years.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... able-wome/
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:07 am

Kath wrote:
kybkh wrote:
He doesn't seem concerned.
It does not. I am hoping this funding issue is just some raw meat for the Pro-Life crowd. Nothing new really as the same thing was done by Bush.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:07 am

The American left are like those little miners in Galaxy Quest.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:48 am

"Stephanie" needs to start her cutting cycle early this year.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:57 pm

I had an interesting conversation with a female friend. She and her friends were discussing this vile march and decided I was correct about feminism. I have seen a few women in my Facebook feed revolt from the odiousness of this march as well.

I think, with respect to the feminist aspect of this cancer, we have witnessed it get as strong as it will ever get, and it was not enough to overtake our culture. They are on the decline and the more they do these things, and behave like crass juveniles, the more people will see what they really are and turn away from this cancer. PC had an allure for a long time because it fed upon peoples' desire for civility and graciousness. But the nastier the left gets, the more difficult it will become to feed upon peoples' good will like that.

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:54 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:

"Stephanie" needs to start her cutting cycle early this year.
Jesus H Fuck. What rights? That was classic and sad. The left has turned into something new, is this its final form? :violin:
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty