Women's March

MilSpecs

Re: Women's March

Post by MilSpecs » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:08 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:
FYI - the same thing is happening in most of the Northeast (another liberal dominated region).
That is called 'the market,' which I thought you guys were in favor of. There is nothing liberal about the middle class exodus.

LOL, yes there is.

Why do you think Detroit happened? Why do you think Chicago has experienced a net population loss for a decade now?
They are the opposite of the northeast cities that are losing the middle class because they are too expensive for the middle class to live in.
:royalty-queen:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:10 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
That is called 'the market,' which I thought you guys were in favor of. There is nothing liberal about the middle class exodus.

LOL, yes there is.

Why do you think Detroit happened? Why do you think Chicago has experienced a net population loss for a decade now?
They are the opposite of the northeast cities that are losing the middle class because they are too expensive for the middle class to live in.

It's the exact same thing. People fled Detroit initially because the democrats kept raising taxes for virtually no services returned. The same thing is happening in Chicago where the city and county are raising taxes through the roof to pay for unfunded pensions and salaries to an army of public workers. Residents do the only rational thing: leave.

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:14 pm

I, personally, blame Mike Madigan for the mass exodus from Illinois. Illinois population is at its' lowest in a decade. The corruption of Mike Madigan has been well known for decades. I moved 17 years ago and he was a problem then.

The problems in Chicago aren't helping, but the disease has been going on forever. Indiana is actively running commercials on Chicago radio to convince people to leave corrupt Illinois and venture over to Indiana, where they are in the black.
Account abandoned.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:25 pm

apeman wrote:
California wrote: Its people like that who lead to the regulations we have to deal with.
chicken or the egg?
True, but I'm a firm believer that the only reason we have to deal with the massive amounts of idiocy we have nowadays when it comes to regulations and rules is because someone somewhere decided to sue at one point.

Schools are ruining the lives of kids everywhere because they're scared of litigation.
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:29 pm

It's very inexpensive to play Lawsuit Lottery. If you choose one of those "pay me if you win," lawyers, your worst case scenario is you lost some time.
Account abandoned.

apeman

Post by apeman » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:35 pm

I dont know much about this universe of law because I would hang myself if I worked in these fields

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:39 pm

apeman wrote:I dont know much about this universe of law because I would hang myself if I worked in these fields
I assume all our lawyers read or know of https://www.overlawyered.com/. Everyone here would enjoy it I think.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:44 pm

Kath wrote:I, personally, blame Mike Madigan for the mass exodus from Illinois. Illinois population is at its' lowest in a decade. The corruption of Mike Madigan has been well known for decades. I moved 17 years ago and he was a problem then.

The problems in Chicago aren't helping, but the disease has been going on forever. Indiana is actively running commercials on Chicago radio to convince people to leave corrupt Illinois and venture over to Indiana, where they are in the black.

When I left, it was the property taxes. I have a similar condo now to what I had in Cook county. Cook county property taxes were over seven thousand per year. My property taxes here are about seven hundred per year.

Yet we got very little for our property taxes in Cook county, Chicago, and the surrounding villages. It was all going to public workers and unpaid pensions. People are going to make the rational decision of opting out of paying +10k per year for very little in services. The cops were all crooked assholes who fed upon the people they allegedly served for even more revenue. The schools mostly suck, and even the good districts charge a great deal more per student than the local parochial schools do (who perform better as well).

People can see this growing unfunded pension liabilities and they didn't have anything to do with it. It's all corruption between the democratic politicians and the public sector unions. So people are leaving.

apeman

Post by apeman » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:46 pm

Fife wrote:
apeman wrote:I dont know much about this universe of law because I would hang myself if I worked in these fields
I assume all our lawyers read or know of https://www.overlawyered.com/. Everyone here would enjoy it I think.
thanks, looks good

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:41 am

Some civil rights activists and supporters of the Black Lives Matter movement resent the success of the anti-Trump Women’s March on Washington — taking offense at the favorable press and praise heaped on a generally peaceful event that resulted in zero arrests . . . .

Ijeoma Oluo, editor at large of feminist website The Establishment, said the reason no one was arrested was that the marchers were primarily white women.

“To brag that no one was arrested at a march that was filled with white women, as if that is an accomplishment that you really had a huge part of, what it does is it says that marches that were branded as ‘disruptive’ are less than,” Ms. Oluo said Tuesday on WBUR’s “Here & Now.”

The tone and tenor of the women’s marches . . . stood in stark contrast to the presidential inauguration protests Friday, when more than 200 people were arrested and six officers were injured in the nation’s capital . . . .

While Inauguration Day demonstrations turned violent . . . several pictures on social media showed women’s marchers and police officers . . . taking selfies together.

“The truth is, we are all fighting for very important things, but only certain people get to march down the street and not have to worry about violence from police officers,” Ms. Oluo said.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... able-wome/

Gee, maybe it had something to do with the violent behavior of the Inauguration Day protesters? Naw, couldn't be that...