Alternative Facts

MilSpecs

Alternative Facts

Post by MilSpecs » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:29 am

The press secretary blatantly lies, has a tantrum when everyone acknowledges that he's lying, and then a senior aide calls his lies 'alternative facts'. Newspeak is now the official policy of the land.
:royalty-queen:

K@th

Re: Alternative Facts

Post by K@th » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:37 am

I just saw that. "There's no way to determine crowd size."

:lol:
Account abandoned.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:57 am

He even lied about the verifiable numbers: the number of subway swipes on the two inauguration days.

He actually looked like a child who'd been caught in a lie - his voice kept escalating and he looked for all the world like he was going to stamp his feet and start yelling "is too!" :lol:

I shouldn't laugh, though. These children are running the country.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:05 pm

Politicians lie. Color me shocked!

Welcome back to the world of critical thinking. It's been a while for you guys, but it's still just as rewarding as it ever was.

adwinistrator

Post by adwinistrator » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:07 pm

Kath wrote:I just saw that. "There's no way to determine crowd size."

:lol:
The press secretary has (in modern times) always been the PR agent of the executive branch, you just expect them to do a better job of it.
MilSpecs wrote:He even lied about the verifiable numbers: the number of subway swipes on the two inauguration days.

He actually looked like a child who'd been caught in a lie - his voice kept escalating and he looked for all the world like he was going to stamp his feet and start yelling "is too!" :lol:

I shouldn't laugh, though. These children are running the country.
Even the most contentious press secretaries would try to seem like they were on the press' side, trying to get them the best facts that they could.

When they did have to go out there are give them a load of BS, you could always see them smirking a little. They knew it was BS, the press knew it was BS, and they knew the press knew. The smirk was basically "I know guys, I'm sorry, but this is all you're getting from me today. Thanks for not ripping my head off, I appreciate it".

This is very different. Instead of the sparring and banter, we now have a press secretary that is indignant at being questioned on his statement. Instead of spin, it is a line in the sand where what he says is the truth, and if you don't believe it you're wrong.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:09 pm

Wait. Which alternative facts are we talking about here? The time the press ran with a bogus, lying internet meme that depicted few people in the inaugural address, or the lies about Trump removing a bust of MLK? Or do we go back further than just one day of lies?

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:11 pm

Fife wrote:Politicians lie. Color me shocked!

Welcome back to the world of critical thinking. It's been a while for you guys, but it's still just as rewarding as it ever was.
Politicians twist facts and fudge. It's more uncommon for them to blatantly lie, especially about something they can't possibly get away with.

Be fun to run in the new era though. "Everyone's taxes went down $1000 last year!" "But my taxes didn't go down..." "Yes they did and it's not your job to question me!"

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:14 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Wait. Which alternative facts are we talking about here? The time the press ran with a bogus, lying internet meme that depicted few people in the inaugural address, or the lies about Trump removing a bust of MLK? Or do we go back further than just one day of lies?
Yeah, those are the ones. Both patently false stories put out by the media. Both outright proven to be false. Both still being run with by sycophantic Democrats. Those are the ones.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

K@th

Post by K@th » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:18 pm

SMH - - crowd size is provable. Sorry, facts don't lie. Pictures don't lie.

It will be fun watching you guys try to spin your way out of a paper bag full o lies. :lol:
Account abandoned.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:20 pm

So we can expect the White House to acknowledge and correct its own lies?