The Next Generation

TheReal_ND

Re: The Next Generation

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:19 am

C-Mag wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:If what I am seeing happening to millennials is any indication, the next generation is going to be uber-traditionalist.

Even at church, the guitar mass is almost dead. The youth want Latin masses back. Boomers lost.
That shit drove me out of church. I just want a good sermon with a strong message and the basic mass.
I just want a Latin mass that's not jam packed with Africans, Latinos and Asians.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:48 am

TheReal_ND wrote:I just want a Latin mass that's not jam packed with Africans, Latinos and Asians.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:royalty-queen:

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:48 pm

Xenophon wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:It would be interesting to know where he lives. There are pockets of class delineated areas in every geographic region. It would also be interesting to know what class his children belong to.
He lived out in the sticks. That was a long time ago. He has to be passed on by now.
I knew an old man like that. Rich guy, denim overalls and a straw hat. My papa would always point him out to me and tell me that even though he was rich, he still lived humbly.

NE GA, Okee?
Maybe. I can't remember when or where. I think if it'd been near us in central Ga, I'd have had him pointed out to me more often.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:13 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:I just want a Latin mass that's not jam packed with Africans, Latinos and Asians.
You do realize that Latin and Latino are two entirely different things right? Irish can do a Latin mass.

That's kind of like calling my great-great grandma a Roman when she was just a wagon burner that converted to Roman Catholicism.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:36 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
You do realize that Latin and Latino are two entirely different things right? Irish can do a Latin mass.

That's kind of like calling my great-great grandma a Roman when she was just a wagon burner that converted to Roman Catholicism.
The Latin cultures and languages are Italian, Spanish, French, Portuguese and Romanian. It's funny to hear someone say that Latinos (who speak a Latin-based language) shouldn't attend a mass in Latin. Plus you know that we are all one in the body of Christ. Go to confession next week and tell father you had sinful thoughts about your fellow Catholics. ;)

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:43 pm

Latinos are the LAST people who will want to attend a Latin mass, honestly. They usually show up to mass dressed like they are going camping or something, with torn up jeans, t-shirts, sweat pants, etc. The Spanish mass is super informal compared to even the liberal Anglo mass that happens around 11-12 at most parishes. They do have some pretty good music as far as guitar mass goes. It's kind of like mariachi music.

But them going to a Latin mass with Gregorian chant? LOL.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:07 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Latinos are the LAST people who will want to attend a Latin mass, honestly. They usually show up to mass dressed like they are going camping or something, with torn up jeans, t-shirts, sweat pants, etc. The Spanish mass is super informal compared to even the liberal Anglo mass that happens around 11-12 at most parishes. They do have some pretty good music as far as guitar mass goes. It's kind of like mariachi music.

They have a closer, more personal relationship with their parishes. And at least they show up every week and take the practice of the faith seriously. It's why I never cared for the concept of the Latin mass, other than it sounds beautiful. The words have to have meaning. It is a living church.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:22 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Latinos are the LAST people who will want to attend a Latin mass, honestly. They usually show up to mass dressed like they are going camping or something, with torn up jeans, t-shirts, sweat pants, etc. The Spanish mass is super informal compared to even the liberal Anglo mass that happens around 11-12 at most parishes. They do have some pretty good music as far as guitar mass goes. It's kind of like mariachi music.

They have a closer, more personal relationship with their parishes. And at least they show up every week and take the practice of the faith seriously. It's why I never cared for the concept of the Latin mass, other than it sounds beautiful. The words have to have meaning. It is a living church.

Huh?

Plenty of Anglos are practicing Catholics and have deep, personal relationships with their parish.

In my experience, Mexicans in particular do not take the faith nearly as seriously as practicing Catholics who are Anglos. Cuban exiles tend to be more committed. But Latin America in general is plagued with a lot of really weird, sometimes heretical, shit like liberation theology and worse.

As far as the words having no meaning.. they definitely have meaning. You just need to learn what they mean.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:32 pm

I was in 1st grade when it changed. I vaguely remember the 'my father can beat your father at dominoes' version of the mass.

Saying that one group of Catholics is less Catholic than another is, again, a sin. I have no opinion on liberation theology, so you'll have to take it up with the brides of Christ.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:35 pm

Can't find a damn thing with this search mechanic, so I'm putting this here.

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751