The Next Generation

kybkh

Re: The Next Generation

Post by kybkh » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:15 am

Before we go all crazy about how crazy liberal young people are, that's natural. It's also natural that they don't vote until they get older.

From what I have witnessed from my suburban Ivory Split Level, Gen-Xers are far superior parents than prior generations. I have great hopes for their offspring.

Referred to by some pundits as a “lost generation,” the Xers, born between the mid-1960s and 1980, may be less numerous than either the boomers or millennials, the latter of whom now slightly outnumber them in the workforce, but Gen X seems likely to dominate the near future. Not only do they now make up the majority of of managers at U.S. companies, they are far more entrepreneurial than millennials, both at early ages and now. Their rate of startup formation is roughly twice that of millennials, and on the way up, while the younger generation’s rate has been on the decline.

Financially, they are clearly the ascendant generation. According to analysis by the Deloitte Center for Financial Services, they now have 14 percent of the nation’s wealth compared to just 4 percent for millennials and 50 percent for the boomers. But by 2030, as the boomers finally start to fade from the picture, Xers will dominate the nation’s wealth, accounting for 31 percent, twice the projected share of millennials.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/joelkotkin/ ... cd5749dd7d
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:23 am

MilSpecs wrote:It's becoming another word for class.
Geography class?

:snicker:
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:31 am

Like it or not, the American people are self-segregating.
:royalty-queen:

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:54 am

MilSpecs wrote:It's becoming another word for class.
It's a dividing line, but not yet one of class. Only of culture, for now. The richest man in Georgia used to be the guy who sold Disney the land to build Disney World in Florida. He wore denim overalls, and a straw hat, and he drove a bobtail semi as his daily.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:07 am

It would be interesting to know where he lives. There are pockets of class delineated areas in every geographic region. It would also be interesting to know what class his children belong to.
:royalty-queen:

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:08 am

MilSpecs wrote:It would be interesting to know where he lives. There are pockets of class delineated areas in every geographic region. It would also be interesting to know what class his children belong to.
He lived out in the sticks. That was a long time ago. He has to be passed on by now.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:31 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:It would be interesting to know where he lives. There are pockets of class delineated areas in every geographic region. It would also be interesting to know what class his children belong to.
He lived out in the sticks. That was a long time ago. He has to be passed on by now.
I knew an old man like that. Rich guy, denim overalls and a straw hat. My papa would always point him out to me and tell me that even though he was rich, he still lived humbly.

NE GA, Okee?

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:50 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:If what I am seeing happening to millennials is any indication, the next generation is going to be uber-traditionalist.

Even at church, the guitar mass is almost dead. The youth want Latin masses back. Boomers lost.
That shit drove me out of church. I just want a good sermon with a strong message and the basic mass.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:05 am

C-Mag wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:If what I am seeing happening to millennials is any indication, the next generation is going to be uber-traditionalist.

Even at church, the guitar mass is almost dead. The youth want Latin masses back. Boomers lost.
That shit drove me out of church. I just want a good sermon with a strong message and the basic mass.

It drove most men from the church. The more feminized it becomes, the more men fall out of the faith, the more families sink into ruin. Women are not supposed to be the spiritual heads of the family for a reason.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:15 am

kybkh wrote:Before we go all crazy about how crazy liberal young people are, that's natural. It's also natural that they don't vote until they get older.

From what I have witnessed from my suburban Ivory Split Level, Gen-Xers are far superior parents than prior generations. I have great hopes for their offspring.

Referred to by some pundits as a “lost generation,” the Xers, born between the mid-1960s and 1980, may be less numerous than either the boomers or millennials, the latter of whom now slightly outnumber them in the workforce, but Gen X seems likely to dominate the near future. Not only do they now make up the majority of of managers at U.S. companies, they are far more entrepreneurial than millennials, both at early ages and now. Their rate of startup formation is roughly twice that of millennials, and on the way up, while the younger generation’s rate has been on the decline.

Financially, they are clearly the ascendant generation. According to analysis by the Deloitte Center for Financial Services, they now have 14 percent of the nation’s wealth compared to just 4 percent for millennials and 50 percent for the boomers. But by 2030, as the boomers finally start to fade from the picture, Xers will dominate the nation’s wealth, accounting for 31 percent, twice the projected share of millennials.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/joelkotkin/ ... cd5749dd7d
Good Post

I've read that Gen Xers typically believe their job is to fix the shit previous Gens F-d Up.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience