Our Guy Flynn

Speaker to Animals

Re: Our Man Flynn

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:25 am

Stop it.

Don't ever apologize or appease these animals. They are gaslighting you.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:26 am

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:32 am

It's an interesting statute that goes all the way back to the founding of the country. No one has ever been successfully prosecuted under it, and it appears to have been used more as a political weapon. There is also some doubt as to its constitutionality. I can't really see the Justice Dept. getting enthusiastic over going after Flynn about this, particularly since the conversation took place a few weeks before Trump was sworn in.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:01 pm

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:16 pm

FFS, "secret contacts with Russian officials," in the first sentence, and you didn't throw it in the bin?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

ssu

Post by ssu » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:56 am

Flynn is sooner or later to be thrown out just like Manafort. But likely not now, that would be a sign
of admitting defeat or giving credibility to the accusations. Likely Flynn is replaced a bit later... as just
as an "ordinary" administration move. If the thing doesn't become a bigger issue.

Flynn's warm relations with Russia will just keep in focus Trump's peculiarly obsessive relationship with Russia & Putin.

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:08 am

ssu wrote:Trump's peculiarly obsessive relationship with Russia & Putin.
I think his relationship with Putin is one of common sense. Trump's gut instinct like most American's is "why do I give a fuck about Eastern Europe if there is nothing of America's interest there?".

To which Putin is like, "look guy, you give me some breathing room and we can be the Super Muslim Bashing Bros and I'll even help with CHI-na!!!"

(In all honesty, I'd offer to totally back off Ukraine for a pledge to help bring China to heel!)

(Am I the only one extremely aroused by that video?)

All that said, this is just the continued war between agencies we have been talking about for the last 6 weeks. Representatives of incoming presidents have talked to world leaders during transition periods on multiple occasions; we know that as fact.

I re-watched that video in the OP and the Flynn you see in that video is no one to be fucked with. I bet the SEALS that got in trouble for flying the Trump flag have a direct link to Flynn.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:52 am

LOUISVILLE — It's official: The military convoy seen flying a Trump flag in Louisville on Sunday belonged to a Navy Special Warfare unit, and the flag was "unauthorized," a Navy spokeswoman said.

The Navy Special Warfare Command is part of the U.S. Special Operations Command, which is responsible for overseeing and conducting special operations and secret missions.

It specializes in unconventional warfare, direct actions, counterterrorism, special reconnaissance and personnel recovery.

I.E. "Friends of Flynn"

http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/nati ... /97388366/
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:56 am

When Gen. Stanley McChrystal became JSOC's commanding general in 2004, he and his intelligence chief, Maj. Gen. Michael Flynn, set about transforming the way the subordinate units analyze and act on intelligence. Insurgents in Iraq were exploiting the slow decision loop that coalition commanders used, and enhanced interrogation techniques were frowned upon after the Abu Ghraib scandal. But the hunger for actionable tactical intelligence on insurgents was palpable.

The way JSOC solved this problem remains a carefully guarded secret, but people familiar with the unit suggest that McChrystal and Flynn introduced hardened commandos to basic criminal forensic techniques and then used highly advanced and still-classified technology to transform bits of information into actionable intelligence. One way they did this was to create forward-deployed fusion cells, where JSOC units were paired with intelligence analysts from the NSA and the NGIA. Such analysis helped the CIA to establish, with a high degree of probability, that Osama bin Laden and his family were hiding in that particular compound.

These technicians could "exploit and analyze" data obtained from the battlefield instantly, using their access to the government's various biometric, facial-recognition, and voice-print databases. These cells also used highly advanced surveillance technology and computer-based pattern analysis to layer predictive models of insurgent behavior onto real-time observations.

The military has begun to incorporate these techniques across the services. And Flynn will soon be promoted to a job within the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, where he'll be tasked with transforming the way intelligence is gathered, analyzed, and utilized.

https://www.theatlantic.com/internation ... en/238163/

ssu

Post by ssu » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:46 am

kybkh wrote:I think his relationship with Putin is one of common sense. Trump's gut instinct like most American's is "why do I give a fuck about Eastern Europe if there is nothing of America's interest there?".

To which Putin is like, "look guy, you give me some breathing room and we can be the Super Muslim Bashing Bros and I'll even help with CHI-na!!!"

(In all honesty, I'd offer to totally back off Ukraine for a pledge to help bring China to heel!)
What a naive dream. But I guess it's OK now to live in them.

Of course now anything that the liberal media is angry about (Trump policies) must be good, but still, yet as Smitty (among others) has pointed out:
Smitty-48 wrote: I'd be wary, you're not dealing with the Russians, you're dealing with the Kremlin, it's not actually in the Kremlin's interests to have better relations, without America as the enemy at the gates, they have no raison d'etre, and for them, Détente is all Maskirovka.
See here

Putin knows that this is just temporary, not even the whole Republican Party isn't with Trump's masterplan of a Russo-American alliance to deal with ISIS, which he (Putin) doesn't care so much (as international terrorism is at the end of the priority list in Russian doctrine). And you think Russia will give away it's ally like Iran? No way. No FUCKING way. Trump can live in his dreams of making grand deals with Russia.
(RT) Russia disagrees with a remark recently made by US President Donald Trump’s that branded Iran as “the number one terrorist state,” Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said, citing partnership between Moscow and Tehran.

“We do not agree with the definition,” Russian presidential spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters on Monday. “All of you know that Russia enjoys warm relations with Iran, we do cooperate on a range of issues, and we do appreciate our economic ties which, we hope, will go further,” he added.
See Russia disagrees with Trump labeling Iran ‘number one terrorist state’

Putin will just milk as much as he can from the present. Hope that the actions of Trump will put the West into dissarray. And at least that is happening in a way, as some Europeans are genuinely looking at the possibility that the US won't be here anymore (like EU President Donald Tusk).

And if the US and China would go to war? What better thing for Russia! Then the Chinese would be a great customer for Russia's weapons exports.