Obama's Parting Gifts

Penner

Re: Obama's Parting Gifts

Post by Penner » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:31 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Penner wrote:

I don't know. Personally, no one has come up to me and said that Castro was good guy, ever.

People wearing a t-shirt with the portrait of his chief executioner might have something to positive to say about him.

I guess he is such a badass for wearing a Che t-shirt in public. Maybe he is anti-establishment/ anti-corporate corruption?

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:42 pm

Kanye is anti taking his meds.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:39 pm

Penner

Post by Penner » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:37 pm

President Obama declared five new national monuments yesterday, bringing the total number he’s created or expanded to 34 — the highest ever, according to The Washington Post. That’s two more than the previous record-holder, Franklin D. Roosevelt.

Three of the new national monuments are civil rights sites in the South that have bipartisan support, and underline Obama’s push for protecting sites that speak for the nation’s diverse history and culture. Two monuments in Alabama and one in Beaufort County, South Carolina, commemorate moments of African-American history, including the Reconstruction Era and the violent clash between segregationists and civil rights activists in the 1960s.

http://www.theverge.com/2017/1/13/14263 ... ion-record

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:41 pm

I bet the monuments will downplay the role of the democratic party in suppressing blacks (often violently) with vague weasel words. They definitely won't mention that it was republicans that freed slaves, passed the first civil rights act (which was then repealed by democrats), fought against the lynching in the south, and eventually managed to get the second civil rights act pushed through in the 1960s.

It's really quite bizarre how the democrats have hijacked this issue when they were the villains the whole time. It was in living memory that the democrats tried to stop the current civil rights act from getting passed into law, yet the democrats and their media outlets managed to rewrite the whole thing in peoples' minds.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:36 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:I bet the monuments will downplay the role of the democratic party in suppressing blacks (often violently) with vague weasel words. They definitely won't mention that it was republicans that freed slaves, passed the first civil rights act (which was then repealed by democrats), fought against the lynching in the south, and eventually managed to get the second civil rights act pushed through in the 1960s.

It's really quite bizarre how the democrats have hijacked this issue when they were the villains the whole time. It was in living memory that the democrats tried to stop the current civil rights act from getting passed into law, yet the democrats and their media outlets managed to rewrite the whole thing in peoples' minds.
"But, but, but, they switched. There was a switch. The Southern Strategy." The narrative falsehoods these people believe because of their once impenetrable media monopoly.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:40 pm

Penner wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:

People wearing a t-shirt with the portrait of his chief executioner might have something to positive to say about him.

I guess he is such a badass for wearing a Che t-shirt in public. Maybe he is anti-establishment/ anti-corporate corruption?
Is there another Penner? What happened? Just became another dishonest undercover hack.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:46 pm

clubgop wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:I bet the monuments will downplay the role of the democratic party in suppressing blacks (often violently) with vague weasel words. They definitely won't mention that it was republicans that freed slaves, passed the first civil rights act (which was then repealed by democrats), fought against the lynching in the south, and eventually managed to get the second civil rights act pushed through in the 1960s.

"But, but, but, they switched. There was a switch. The Southern Strategy." The narrative falsehoods these people believe because of their once impenetrable media monopoly.

Then ask them how the "progressives" are responsible for the New Deal if the sides switched in the 1970s.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:05 am

clubgop wrote:

Then ask them how the "progressives" are responsible for the New Deal if the sides switched in the 1970s.
Or the 60's. But that is a good one. Had this thrown at me.

Showing me the electoral map of 1880 anf then one of 2012 "looked see they switched." My response throw the map of 1984 let them deal with that.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:23 am

I'm a little unclear how I am supposed to know which people fleeing their blasted shit holes and repressive regimes are cowards, and which are assets?
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen