Obama's Parting Gifts

TheReal_ND

Re: Obama's Parting Gifts

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:36 am

Good luck

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:02 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:Pump the breaks. We were talking about the longevity of various dictatorships, left and right. China has got legs, Singapore and Chile really didn't. When I said China is doing better, I meant its regime is still balling, not it is a more free place to live than Singapore or Chile today.
Ayyo, hollup, how does Singapore's dictatorship not "have legs"? Since when did the PAP get overthrown? I never got that memo.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:12 am

Didn't they go out in 2010ish?

I remember hearing they got voted out.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:31 am

Not that I am aware of, they won in 2011, and AFAIK, they took 83 of 89 electable seats in the Parliament in 2015, with 70% of the popular vote; PAP 1959-
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:37 am

Well, fuck me...

Alright, Singapore's ruling party is still pretty much killing it... ethno-city-states for all.

And fuck you too Smitty, godamn encyclopedia freak. How dare you.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:39 am

Since I have been derailing Fife's thread...
Fife wrote:Judge Nap:

President Obama's Parting Shot at Personal Freedom
On Jan. 3, outgoing Attorney General Loretta Lynch secretly signed an order directing the National Security Agency — America's 60,000-person-strong domestic spying apparatus — to make available raw spying data to all other federal intelligence agencies, which then can pass it on to their counterparts in foreign countries and in the 50 states upon request. She did so, she claimed, for administrative convenience. Yet in doing this, she violated basic constitutional principles that were erected centuries ago to prevent just what she did.

But, it's not like Hair God and Sessions won't be cooking up much worse.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-i ... SKBN15236Z
While the 1982 guidelines were made public two years ago, sections were blacked out. The updated procedures were posted in full for the first time on the CIA's website on Wednesday.

The updated procedures include what the CIA must do when it clandestinely obtains a computer hard drive holding millions of pages of text, hours of videos and thousands of photos containing information on foreigners and U.S. citizens.
The rules were unveiled a week after civil liberties groups decried new guidelines approved by the Obama administration expanding the NSA's ability to share communications intercepts with other U.S. intelligence agencies, including the CIA.
Good? Bad? Pretty much neutral?
HAIL!

-Hwen

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:49 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:Well, fuck me...

Alright, Singapore's ruling party is still pretty much killing it... ethno-city-states for all.

And fuck you too Smitty, godamn encyclopedia freak. How dare you.
A Benevolent Dictatorship doesn't have to be ethnic, Canada is actually very similar to Singapore, in theory, we haven't been under one party Liberal rule for a hundred years, but in practice, the Liberals are the Benevolent Dictators here, make no mistake, or as they are euphemistically called; Canada's "Natural Ruling Party".
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:01 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
A Benevolent Dictatorship doesn't have to be ethnic, Canada is actually very similar to Singapore, in theory, we haven't been under one party Liberal rule for a hundred years, but in practice, the Liberals are the Benevolent Dictators here, make no mistake, or as they are euphemistically called; Canada's "Natural Ruling Party".
Doesn't have to be, I suppose. If your dictator has the resources, they can dictate to a larger group benevolently. Somehow, that is never the proposition of people wanting a protector to come in and fix their problems. It is always about cracking down on the spoilers in order to prop up the chosen.

Lot of canings in Canada by the way? Benevolent dictators my ass.
HAIL!

-Hwen

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:11 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
Doesn't have to be, I suppose. If your dictator has the resources, they can dictate to a larger group benevolently. Somehow, that is never the proposition of people wanting a protector to come in and fix their problems. It is always about cracking down on the spoilers in order to prop up the chosen.

Lot of canings in Canada by the way? Benevolent dictators my ass.
Canes? No, no, the Mounties use riot batons, if they don't shoot you. Benevolent Dictators they are, I assure you, you can formally vote them out, but informally, the Liberals continue to rule through their unelected Mandarins, until such time as the "Natural Ruling Party" is "rightly returned to power", just because you elect another party, don't think that the Mandarins and Mounties are going to bend to thier will, the Conservatives get a coffee break in office from time to time, but that makes no difference, the bureauracy just slow walks their shit to a grinding halt, once the Liberals are back, things go full speed ahead again.

And of course, the Liberals have their taxpayer funded propaganda arm called the "CBC", just runs Liberal propaganda 24-7, Canadians are also indoctrinated into the dogma from a young age by the public school system, the Liberals, are literally soft totalitarians, they don't beat it into people, but they raise everybody on it, like mother's milk, guy's like me, we're the dissidents, although, I was raised on Liberal totalitarian propaganda just like everybody else.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:15 am

Storied civil rights abusers, those Mounties.

I mean, you know better than I... everything I know about Canada I learned form the greatest movie ever made... Canadian Bacon. (Which, I just learned was written and directed by Michael Moore.)
HAIL!

-Hwen