Obama's Parting Gifts

Okeefenokee

Re: Obama's Parting Gifts

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:52 pm

Elion did nothing wrong.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:54 pm

Am I the only one that understands Florida was only won by two points in this thread? That's the definition of being in play.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:57 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Am I the only one that understands Florida was only won by two points in this thread? That's the definition of being in play.
You seem to be the only one that doesn't understand that the left just kept on fucking digging after they lost, ensuring the next one's gonna be even worse.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:01 am

TheReal_ND wrote:Am I the only one that understands Florida was only won by two points in this thread? That's the definition of being in play.

The demographics of Florida are weird. It was only ever in play because of all the scumbags who retired there from New York. They are dying off. Furthermore, the Cuban Americans make a HUGE difference. If you really piss them off, it's like taking a bat and smacking the side of a huge hornet's nest.

I love those guys, but they do not forget shit like this. Going to Cuba was a huge mistake for Obama. But trying to fuck with people fleeing that brutal regime to their expat community in Miami is going to cost the democrats Florida. All the republican has to do is promise not to fuck over Cuban immigrants. Bam.

Realize that most of Central and North Florida is red. It's been that way since the 1970s. It's not going to change now that the democrats have gone batshit crazy with their cultural marxism. The only way to keep the state in play is in South Florida. Everything from Fort Lauderdale to Miami is the battleground. Democrats have blacks in Miami, jewish retirees in places like West Palm Beach, Boca, and South Beach. There are a lot of liberal whites in South Florida. Then there are the Cubans, and there are many of them. Those guys hate the democrats now. After that there are the Haitians. How much love do you think they had for Hillary Clinton after she financially raped their country in the aftermath of that earthquake? The Haitians I knew growing up were not keen on a welfare state either. They worked really, really hard to support their families. They didn't have the values necessary to keep them locked on a vote plantation.

And those jewish retirees are dying off. White liberals are falling out of the middle class like mad, and suddenly realizing that this democratic party has fucked them over for years.

They lost it. Just like they lost the rust belt.

edit:

Caribbean people, in general, are not easily captured by a party like the democrats or the republicans, but they are easily lost. Spanish Caribbean peoples have pride like you wouldn't believe, and if you fuck with their collective identity, they will not ever forget it.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:05 am

I mean I'm willing to concede that it may get better for Florida but two points is not enough to say it's not in play anymore. But hell what am I doing? I was assuring Capps, PA would flip a few months ago despite all the contrary, commonly held views.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:07 am

I am a native Floridian. The politics and demographics of that state are probably the most interesting and complex in our nation. It's not as easy as just looking at the percentage point in this election. You have to look at the trend, and the kinds of things the democrats have been doing. They made a calculated decision a few years ago to totally fuck over the Cuban American community. That's going to cost them when you also consider that the boomer generation is dying, which means that huge retiree bloc is collapsing.

To keep Florida, you have to keep the Hispanics. But these are not Mexicans. These are Spanish Caribbean people were talking about. They are not necessarily going to go for collectivism in the democratic party. In the case of the Cuban Americans, they definitely don't want that shit, because they know exactly where it leads. The only way to keep them is with that blue dog mentality. We used to have a lot of great blue dog politicians. Those guys were run out of the democratic party, though.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:13 am

These are some of the best immigrants our nation ever had.

Note all the American and Cuban flags. They have generational memories. They carry grudges for generations. They also carry loyalty for generations.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:17 am

Yeah... they don't have to go back.

Edit: well the fucker that doesn't know how to hold his phone while recording does.

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:41 am

52-48 is four points.
Cubans will go democrat shortly after Cuba Libres go out of fashion, which is to say approximately never. Cubans in Florida, Vietnamese in Texas, and Koreans in California will always go Republican: these are true refugees, great Americans, who haven't forgotten or abandoned their original national identities but have incorporated them. They also brought some really good recipes and aren't overly shy about raising a rifle to their eye.
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

apeman

Post by apeman » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:52 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:I am a native Floridian.
:shock: