Kitty Say What?

Speaker to Animals

Re: Kitty Say What?

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:09 pm

In order to purge America of the far left, you are going to have to accept favorability ratings in the fifty percentile range.

In any case, Melania could be as popular as Jacqueline Kennedy.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:12 pm

I think Lara Bush could beat Michelle Obama head to head in the swing districts, the massive Democrat majority in the cities, is dead votes, all that matters is the swings, I don't think Michelle Obama would win the battle of the First Ladies where it counted; white suburbia. Taxes, regulation, school choice; game over.
Nec Aspera Terrent

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:16 pm

Trump's not going to fill the "First Wife" position, as in having the president's wife be an official, paid for gig with specific work assignments, is he? Thought I heard his wife wanted to concentrate on raising their youngest son.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Penner

Post by Penner » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:22 pm

BjornP wrote:Trump's not going to fill the "First Wife" position, as in having the president's wife be an official, paid for gig with specific work assignments, is he? Thought I heard his wife wanted to concentrate on raising their youngest son.
I heard that Ivanka is taking up the role as FLOTUS. Maybe they can create another acronym for it but here is the story:

It’s a measure of just how hilariously awful Donald Trump’s choices to fill his administration have been so far that when the idea began to circulate last week that his daughter Ivanka Trump might end up serving as his de facto first lady, I actually thought, hey, I don’t hate this. It’s not so much that I’m willing to hand-wave the ethical problems with the Trump children’s involvement in their father’s government or that I’ve learned to excuse what the New Yorker’s Emily Nussbaum described as Ivanka’s “weaponized graciousness,” the beaming dishonesty she uses to moderate her father’s ugly, erratic behavior. It’s that of all the ways Trump wants to disrupt government, the first lady’s position is one that could actually use a good shaking-up.

It remains completely bizarre that there is a position in the federal government that a person is required to take simply because their spouse is elected to a complementary job, regardless of that person’s interests, inclination or passion for the career they actually chose. It’s even weirder that this job, which demands long hours and an extraordinary public performance as the nation’s surrogate mother or cool friend, is both mandatory and unpaid. In a way, the continuing existence of the first lady’s job is a high-profile barometer for how roles for women have or haven’t evolved in the United States. The backlash to women who have tried to change the position too much demarcates very clear limits on how little it’s possible to innovate within that confined space.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/act ... irst-lady/

Hey, if Ivanka is taking up the mantle of FLOTUS, and Melinda wants to stay in NYC with Barron, then I have no problems with it.

As with being FLOTUS, it's not a paid gig but you do get your own paid staff.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:23 pm

It would be interesting if Trump becomes the first POTUS to dispense with this notion of a first lady. He empowers his women to do whatever they want. Ivanka has her own kids and businesses to run.

Penner

Post by Penner » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:25 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:It would be interesting if Trump becomes the first POTUS to dispense with this notion of a first lady. He empowers his women to do whatever they want. Ivanka has her own kids and businesses to run.
FLOTUS are classy people I would say that Ivanka could make a great FLOTUS and hey, people seem to not to hate the FLOTUS as much as the president.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:31 pm

Penner wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:It would be interesting if Trump becomes the first POTUS to dispense with this notion of a first lady. He empowers his women to do whatever they want. Ivanka has her own kids and businesses to run.
FLOTUS are classy people I would say that Ivanka could make a great FLOTUS and hey, people seem to not to hate the FLOTUS as much as the president.

I think it denigrates women to some extent, to be perfectly honest.

You could tell Michelle Obama hated it too. She had her own thing. She was successful on her own. But then she was backseat to her husband and always this sidekick figure, with all her accomplishments forgotten.

Penner

Post by Penner » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:37 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Penner wrote:

You could tell Michelle Obama hated it too. She had her own thing. She was successful on her own. But then she was backseat to her husband and always this sidekick figure, with all her accomplishments forgotten.
There was the meme that went around saying that she was a dude because she had a camel toe.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:40 pm

Penner wrote:
Penner wrote:

There was the meme that went around saying that she was a dude because she had a camel toe.

No, there exist lots of photos where what looks like a cock is visible moving around there. And if you look at her objectively, she does in fact look like a man.

While I wouldn't be surprised if she is indeed a man, I only post that stuff to demoralize progs, really.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:09 pm

apeman wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Also known as 'market research'.
"Will Love Return to the Whitehouse? An Intimate Chat With America's Sweetheart, Michele"

:puke-front:

I think I even went too far with that one

I wonder if he will return to football. I read he used to be a decent player back in the day.
Do you even lift, bro??