Just a little stupid decision by some young adults

Okeefenokee

Just a little stupid decision by some young adults

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:47 pm

Since we don't have a specific thread for this one yet.

WaPo already edited the story to remove this quote,
They’re young adults. And they make stupid decisions,” Duffin said. “That certainly will be part of whether or not we seek a hate crime to determine whether this is sincere or just stupid ranting and raving.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... 25f80026c2
Victim in Facebook Live torture case was friends with one of his attackers

The 18-year-old victim's parents dropped him off at a McDonald's in Streamwood, Ill., to meet his friend Jordan Hill, 18, who has since been charged in this case. His parents believed he was spending the night at Hill's home, so they did not report him missing in Streamwood until Jan. 1.

Police say Hill stole a van in Streamwood and drove himself and the victim to the West Side of Chicago. The victim didn't know the van was stolen.

http://wgntv.com/2017/01/05/victim-in-f ... attackers/
BTW, Kentucky was right. No one watching the feed on facebook reported it. A neighbor making a noise complaint allowed this boy to escape.
The victim was able to escape when a downstairs neighbor called police complaining about the noise. Police say the sisters were angry that the police were called, so they kicked in the neighbor's door. That's when the victim had the opportunity to escape.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

kybkh

Re: Just a little stupid decision by some young adults

Post by kybkh » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:50 pm

At no point does the company suggest using the tool to document torture, police brutality or spree killing – but that is precisely what the tool has, in part, gained a reputation for over the last nine months.

This was brought to the fore most viscerally with this week’s attack in Chicago. The 30-minute assault was watched by 16,000 people, leaving many asking why Facebook didn’t take the content down as it did in the case of the police stand-off with Korryn Gaines. Facebook did eventually take down the recorded video, but not before it had been copied and widely shared on YouTube.

Facebook refused to comment on how many people – if any – reported the content, although there appear to have been many comments under the live stream made by horrified viewers who may have also used the report tool. Nor would Facebook tell the Guardian when it first became aware of the video and how long it took to decide to take the footage down from the site.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... xplanation
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:01 pm

Sick, sick sick.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:02 pm

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:07 pm

How can anyone take him seriously anymore? Not that he ever inspired that, but after his drunken new year's special...
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:59 pm

"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:23 pm

Nah. Nice try but there are no more current years.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:25 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:How can anyone take him seriously anymore? Not that he ever inspired that, but after his drunken new year's special...
Pretty much this

I'm surprised he has a job

These 4 kids should be executed now. They don't deserve a trial, we have video. 4 bullets, done
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:28 pm

I still need to watch that.

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:31 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:I still need to watch that.
I've heard a snippet of it in a podcast, and it's pretty rough to listen to. My heart breaks for that boy.