Free College?

Okeefenokee

Re: Free College?

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:01 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
That's an argument about taxes, not an argument about how to spend taxes.

The second part of your argument is not a useful emotion. I hope the next generation gets more than I got.
I hope the next generation earns more than I earn.
That's why I'm putting the kids through college. :P
You should put mine through, too. They contribute to the community and stuff.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:04 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
I hope the next generation earns more than I earn.
If we all chip in, we can get our kids through college without bankrupting any of us.
:royalty-queen:

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:10 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
If we all chip in, we can get our kids through college without bankrupting any of us.
/facepalm
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:15 pm

Sorry, Okee. Regardless of whether we think college should be free, subsidized, whatever solutions we can come up with, the current system isn't sustainable. We need to do something different.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:22 pm

MilSpecs wrote:Sorry, Okee. Regardless of whether we think college should be free, subsidized, whatever solutions we can come up with, the current system isn't sustainable. We need to do something different.
How bout you pay for your own college or don't go? That's sustainable and different.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:41 pm

Zlaxer wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
Why do you think only terrible students would go to CUNY if it were free again to people other than the poor?

Subsidized free tuition incentives the schools to allow more unqualified students in....want to make a bet what the average SAT score of the new studs will be?
My point is....that college is useless for the majority of Americans.......they're simply lack the intelligence to pursue degrees that are actually employable.....we don't need thousands of history majors, women's studies majors....criminal justice majors...gender studies majors....etc.....its wasted $$$$$....if you want to link the money to STEM courses...fine....but make sure you take in students capable of passing......Non-techies keep making the argument that college is good for everyone....I don't believe that...most people lack the capacity to truly benefit from higher education....the problem lies at the lower grade levels (to include HS)....giving money to mediocre students to get bull shit degrees does not benefit anyone except for the college administrators and professors....
This. We are going to keep funding trillion dollar "infrastructure" bills with nothing to show for it because the people that could be rebuilding America are getting degrees in African feminist dance theory.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:50 pm

California wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:We're talking about giving away free college, and you suggested that it isn't exactly giving it away because kids give back to their communities.

So if the tax payers are shelling out eighty grand for college, what are the kids doing that makes that a more even trade?

Ways to go to college,
  • 1. pay a pile of money
    2. join the army
    3. give back to the community in the form of ____________, and get rewarded free college
    4. get straight A's and get a scholarship
    5. be a sports star
If college wasn't financed by student debt it wouldn't cost $80k
And government subsidy. Don't forget government subsidy.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:55 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
Just like the public schools, that's great, now that scholar the just got out of juvie can go to college with the other kids he used to take their lunch money. Excellent.

apeman

Post by apeman » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:57 am

Okeefenokee wrote:I don't need free college, so I'll take free hookers and blow. I've given back a lot to society, so they better be some top shelf hookers.
Remember

Always remember

When you get caught

"Putin hacked my dick"

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:41 pm

clubgop wrote: This. We are going to keep funding trillion dollar "infrastructure" bills with nothing to show for it because the people that could be rebuilding America are getting degrees in African feminist dance theory.
Let me get this right: America is falling apart because so many people are majoring in insert-your-fringe-field-of-study AND simultaneously so many people are unable to get jobs rebuilding America. Which is it?