Free College?

Okeefenokee

Re: Free College?

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:14 pm

California wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
California wrote:
While your math is correct, that there is more of a chance of dying from alcohol-related injuries than combat, the fact of the matter is that's a personal choice, while once you're enlisted your life is in the hands of whoever wants to use you to make money for someone. I'd choose alcohol
No sacrifice, no reward.
I'm not a Puritan.

I don't believe that someone has to create grace through sacrifice

This is current year, we don't have to preach suffering morality anymore
You have to pay for shit in current year.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:00 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:You want free college, but you don't think there should be any sacrifice in attaining it?
You think all kids are as irresponsible or lazy as you or I may have been?
:royalty-queen:

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:03 pm

Yes, some kids are lazy. I wasn't allowed to be. Point?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:14 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:Yes, some kids are lazy. I wasn't allowed to be. Point?
Why do you think they're not sacrificing for college now? Or that they haven't been giving back to society all along?

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:23 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Why do you think they're not sacrificing for college now? Or that they haven't been giving back to society all along?
Fuck it. Have it your way. Everyone gets free college. I don't need free college, so I'll take free hookers and blow. I've given back a lot to society, so they better be some top shelf hookers. Everyone get in line. Tell us what you did for society, and we'll get you your free shit.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:42 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
Fuck it. Have it your way. Everyone gets free college. I don't need free college, so I'll take free hookers and blow. I've given back a lot to society, so they better be some top shelf hookers. Everyone get in line. Tell us what you did for society, and we'll get you your free shit.
Count on a greater return from college than addiction. That said, it's arguable that college should be free or cost something, but the concept that all kids aren't giving back to society is wrong.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:52 pm

What kind of service are you referring to? What is this sacrifice that you are talking about that kids are getting involved in that is comparable to paying for an 80 thousand dollar education, or submitting four years of your life for martial service? I wanna hear this.

/popcorn.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:07 pm

Kids shouldn't go to college unless they've earned $80,000?

We've already had the discussion about mandatory military service. There are other ways to give back to society.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:11 pm

We're talking about giving away free college, and you suggested that it isn't exactly giving it away because kids give back to their communities.

So if the tax payers are shelling out eighty grand for college, what are the kids doing that makes that a more even trade?

Ways to go to college,
  • 1. pay a pile of money
    2. join the army
    3. give back to the community in the form of ____________, and get rewarded free college
    4. get straight A's and get a scholarship
    5. be a sports star

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:48 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:We're talking about giving away free college, and you suggested that it isn't exactly giving it away because kids give back to their communities.

So if the tax payers are shelling out eighty grand for college, what are the kids doing that makes that a more even trade?

Ways to go to college,
  • 1. pay a pile of money
    2. join the army
    3. give back to the community in the form of ____________, and get rewarded free college
    4. get straight A's and get a scholarship
    5. be a sports star
If college wasn't financed by student debt it wouldn't cost $80k
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session