Free College?

Smitty-48

Re: Free College?

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:43 pm

There's a glut of tech job openings in downtown Toronto, they can't even fill them, with six figure salaries, but there's almost none asking for college degrees, other than; Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Software Engineering, its like 90% software development/coding.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:45 pm

Explain

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:46 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Explain
Learn to code. I'm dreading it, but I gotta do it too.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:52 pm

Here's the requirements posted for a $100,000 job in Toronto right now;

Design, evaluate and document software products and systems from all levels including top level product architecture models to low level modules and functions
Produce code and conduct unit tests with documentation
Develop documentation supporting the software development process for the assigned product line including requirements documents, software design documents and software test plans
Collaboration with clinicians, imaging scientists and our technology commercialization team
Act as mentor to less experienced development staff

Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
Minimum 5 years of experience covering all aspects of the software development lifecycle
Proficiency with C++ and C# (.Net Framework) programming with deep understanding of OOD/OOP and design patterns
Intimate knowledge of OpenGL and shaders
Experience designing and developing UI.
Experience with developing real-time multi-threaded systems on Windows platforms.
Highly motivated, organized, and able to work independently
Preferred, exposure to IEC 62304 or ISO 13485 standards.
Teamwork-oriented approach to achieving goals.
Strong communication, interpersonal and documentation skills.
Ability to multi-task, prioritize duties and quickly assume new tasks as required.
Excellent attention to detail.
Capable of working independently and in a team.

A solid foundation in 3D reconstruction and rendering algorithms
Working experience with:
» OpenGL 4.x
» GLSL
» OpenCL
» Image processing algorithms and techniques
» Software V&V and documentation for quality systems
Understanding of medical imaging technologies, particularly ultrasound and optical imaging
Client / Server Database development
DICOM standard
HIPAA compliance and system security
HL7

It's all like that, page after page, it's all software development jobs, 6682 openings on just one tech jobs board, near as I can tell, just scrolling through them; they're pretty much all six figure jobs, they're all "start ASAP", and they're all software development.

Just for comparison, 7000 jobs, is both the Ford and GM plants here combined, that's unfilled and looking for applicants, who says there's no jobs?

Tell you right now, they cannot fill these slots with all these Canadians taking useless BA's, if you qualify for these jobs, there's a six figure salary waiting for you in Toronto Canada, don't matter if you're an American, they'll get you the work permit for it, I'm quite sure.
Nec Aspera Terrent

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:18 am

MilSpecs wrote:
clubgop wrote: This. We are going to keep funding trillion dollar "infrastructure" bills with nothing to show for it because the people that could be rebuilding America are getting degrees in African feminist dance theory.
Let me get this right: America is falling apart because so many people are majoring in insert-your-fringe-field-of-study AND simultaneously so many people are unable to get jobs rebuilding America. Which is it?
Which is it? You're kidding right? When an African or Feminist theory major welds a bridge, or even builds his office or classroom be sure to let me know. :lol: