Free College?

Zlaxer

Re: Free College?

Post by Zlaxer » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:01 pm

Fife wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:lol I'm going to NYC for free school. Fuck yeah. :P
Prepare to sit your white freckled flag-pole-licking ass in the corner, Froggie. Oh, and keep your fucking mouth shut.

Other than that, if you have some accredited medical issue, welcome!

Just self-identify as a gender fluid homosexual white knight :dance: Dude's gold.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:05 pm

Zlaxer wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:
Not free to everyone though.....maybe qualified high performing HS students? hmmm...yes?

I foresee a colossal waste of money...
He went before and after open enrollment. My in-laws went to CUNY long before open enrollment. The free city college system was an amazing success - it would be interesting to calculate how much the cost of education there returned to the economy.
Still missing the point.....the ROI back then was probably good....It's easy to make a good product from good materials.....but shit usually remains shit....no matter how much its processed....
Why do you think only terrible students would go to CUNY if it were free again to people other than the poor?
:royalty-queen:

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:11 pm

Check your white privilege.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:12 pm

Zlaxer wrote:
Fife wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:lol I'm going to NYC for free school. Fuck yeah. :P
Prepare to sit your white freckled flag-pole-licking ass in the corner, Froggie. Oh, and keep your fucking mouth shut.

Other than that, if you have some accredited medical issue, welcome!

Just self-identify as a gender fluid homosexual white knight :dance: Dude's gold.
I got the 'tism.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:17 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
He went before and after open enrollment. My in-laws went to CUNY long before open enrollment. The free city college system was an amazing success - it would be interesting to calculate how much the cost of education there returned to the economy.
Still missing the point.....the ROI back then was probably good....It's easy to make a good product from good materials.....but shit usually remains shit....no matter how much its processed....
Why do you think only terrible students would go to CUNY if it were free again to people other than the poor?

Subsidized free tuition incentives the schools to allow more unqualified students in....want to make a bet what the average SAT score of the new studs will be?

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:23 pm

Zlaxer wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:

Subsidized free tuition incentives the schools to allow more unqualified students in....want to make a bet what the average SAT score of the new studs will be?
Why would unqualified students receive preferential admission?
:royalty-queen:

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:27 pm

Zlaxer wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:

My point is....that college is useless for the majority of Americans.......they're simply lack the intelligence to pursue degrees that are actually employable.....we don't need thousands of history majors, women's studies majors....criminal justice majors...gender studies majors....etc.....its wasted $$$$$....if you want to link the money to STEM courses...fine....but make sure you take in students capable of passing......Non-techies keep making the argument that college is good for everyone....I don't believe that...most people lack the capacity to truly benefit from higher education....the problem lies at the lower grade levels (to include HS)....giving money to mediocre students to get bull shit degrees does not benefit anyone except for the college administrators and professors....
Last edited by Zlaxer on Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:29 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:

Why would unqualified students receive preferential admission?
Because if they were rich they wouldn't need the free tuition.....and if they were smart, they would have already gotten substantial tuition assistance somewhere else....who do you think this program is designed for?

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:29 pm

Teachers are in demand. So are electricians and etc etc. maybe a two year course in welding.... fuck yeah.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:30 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Teachers are in demand. So are electricians and etc etc. maybe a two year course in welding.... fuck yeah.

I fully support paying for trade schools.....