BLM Blamed for Spike in Deaths of Chicago's Blacks

jbird4049

Re: BLM Blamed for Spike in Deaths of Chicago's Blacks

Post by jbird4049 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:29 pm

Penner wrote:
jbird4049 wrote:
Xenophon wrote: Penner is a lady.
Thanks. I thought maybe, possibly? But I couldn't remember.
Yeah, I always get called a dude here for some reason. I mean I talk about having a purse etc... but still, some people just assume I am a dude. I guess it's because I don't have a ladies name in my username (like Kath and MyDogJesse)
It's a tangent, but I've had family forget that I'm deaf. It's only been that way my entire life, but I have heard people say, what the matter, can't you hear that, are you...uh, oh yeah... :oops:
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:31 pm

jbird4049 wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
Penner wrote:
So, we can banned people from flying but not ban them from buying a gun?
Flying is not a fundamental right.
Even the ACLU was not supporting the use of the various watchlists to ban gun ownership. Admittedly, they don't support the use of those watchlists at all.

It's one of things that often unites civil libertarians, conservative ideologues, and liberal civil rights activists. That is protection of people, especially their rights under the rule of law. The Federal government will not say who put someone on one, the criteria for being on one, any evidence, or an effective way to challenge the action. The government will not even tell people when they have been place on a list, or even, on those rare occasions, been taken off.

A Senator, babies, people in wheelchairs, reporters, activists, academics, vets, family members of suspected militants, business executives, tourists, and so forth. Often people have no idea at all why. It has been happening since 9/11, and it's to protect us from those nasty, nasty terrorists. :roll:
Right, and we don't like the no fly list either.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:32 pm

It wasn't me, was Penner that brought that up,
Penner wrote:Actually, Sandy Hook happens and people were still more concern about keeping guns. I mean I don't hate nor fear guns but I do think that we can place reasonable expectations on them, that everyone can follow. Case in point, if you are on a no-fly list, then you can't buy a gun, etc....

Most gun owners that I have meet seem like reasonable people and what really stalls this debate is politicians and groups like the NRA that refuse to even listen to anything.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

K@th

Post by K@th » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:37 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
To limit a person's constitutional rights, you are supposed to provide due process. That's what the Constitution says, and democrats have been shitting all over it for more than a century now.
The blue team doesn't have a monopoly on ignoring the bill of rights.
Account abandoned.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:44 pm

Kath wrote:
To limit a person's constitutional rights, you are supposed to provide due process. That's what the Constitution says, and democrats have been shitting all over it for more than a century now.
Monopoly? LOL, it's hard to even take a wild guess about which horse is winning that race. Both horses are in the same paddock and owned by the same set of groomers.

K@th

Post by K@th » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:36 pm

Fife wrote:
Monopoly? LOL, it's hard to even take a wild guess about which horse is winning that race. Both horses are in the same paddock and owned by the same set of groomers.
I'm not expecting much to change under President Cry-Baby's watch, either.
Account abandoned.

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:54 pm

Kath wrote:
Fife wrote:
I'm not expecting much to change under President Cry-Baby's watch, either.
+1 to both.

Penner

Post by Penner » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:16 pm

Fife wrote:
Kath wrote:
At this point, it's like arguing which pile of shit smells better. The Rs have the Patriot Bill and the Dems are not better- so this idea that Rs will protect your rights is rediculous.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:22 pm

Yeah, I forgot how the Republicans fought tooth and nail against the Democrats to pass the PA.

Wait, no. That never happened.

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:17 pm

Now that we all agree that both parties are happily shredding the Bill of Rights, what do we do about?

I can go to plenty of site of whatever bent, or talk to people all day long agreeing that our rights, our economy wellbeing of ourselves, and our children, are going bye-bye, but finding solutions is the problem.