BLM Blamed for Spike in Deaths of Chicago's Blacks

Montegriffo

Re: BLM Blamed for Spike in Deaths of Chicago's Blacks

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:18 am

Fife wrote:
Penner wrote:Actually, Sandy Hook happens and people were still more concern about keeping guns. I mean I don't hate nor fear guns but I do think that we can place reasonable expectations on them, that everyone can follow. Case in point, if you are on a no-fly list, then you can't buy a gun, etc....

Most gun owners that I have meet seem like reasonable people and what really stalls this debate is politicians and groups like the NRA that refuse to even listen to anything.

It is unreasonable to demand that Americans "listen" to ideas based upon prior restraint of their fundamental human rights.

It's not a fair debate space, and it will be rejected. Forget it.
So owning a gun is a fundamental human right but being able to send your kids to school safe from mentally ill gun owners isn't?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:23 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Fife wrote:
Penner wrote:Actually, Sandy Hook happens and people were still more concern about keeping guns. I mean I don't hate nor fear guns but I do think that we can place reasonable expectations on them, that everyone can follow. Case in point, if you are on a no-fly list, then you can't buy a gun, etc....

Most gun owners that I have meet seem like reasonable people and what really stalls this debate is politicians and groups like the NRA that refuse to even listen to anything.

It is unreasonable to demand that Americans "listen" to ideas based upon prior restraint of their fundamental human rights.

It's not a fair debate space, and it will be rejected. Forget it.
So owning a gun is a fundamental human right but being able to send your kids to school safe from mentally ill gun owners isn't?
Nonsensical question.

Self defense is a fundamental human right.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:26 am

Fife wrote: It is unreasonable to demand that Americans "listen" to ideas based upon prior restraint of their fundamental human rights.
LMFAO
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:30 am

And prohibiting people with mental health issues from gun ownership isn't a form of self defence?
There are ways to defend the population which don't involve giving everyone the right to own firearms. A reasonable one would be to stop people on watch lists from carrying hand guns and ammo through crowded airports.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:32 am

I get why people need to travel with guns, but why would ammo be allowed on a plane?

Sandy Hook is a sore point even with people who own guns. Little story: there's a diner in Newtown - pretty much the diner in Newtown - where all the families used to go with their kids on the weekends, after games, school events, etc. You'd hear all the little kids excited to be out to eat, playing with their siblings at the tables, etc. After Sandy Hook, you saw their photos on the walls of the diner. There are no words, not just for the event but for what happened to the town itself. And yet we heard people from outside the area holding forth in various media about our Constitutional rights right after it happened. No respect for the dead or their families, just me, me, me, my rights, somebody might take my recreational arms away and that's more important. :(

I would be a much stronger supporter of the second amendment if more of its proponents acted like decent human beings and acknowledged that it's not perfect and that others suffer for that right in greater proportion than the enjoyment of its exercise.
:royalty-queen:

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:48 am

Montegriffo wrote:And prohibiting people with mental health issues from gun ownership isn't a form of self defence?
No, in America it's called due process of law. Adjudicate someone as unfit in a court of law, and the state can affect all manner of their civil rights under appropriate circumstances.

Montegriffo wrote:There are ways to defend the population which don't involve giving everyone the right to own firearms. A reasonable one would be to stop people on watch lists from carrying hand guns and ammo through crowded airports.
This is America bub. We don't do things that way here. For starters, the state doesn't "give" us anything.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:05 am

Montegriffo wrote:
California wrote: People have to travel with guns.

Ever heard of a hunting trip?
Plenty of reasonable ways around that, not allowing ammo to be carried on a plane for example. Also I'm no expert but who hunts with a hand gun?
This whole "not prepared to discuss it" attitude is why in the last 11 years you have had 400 mass killings which is on average once every 12 days.
Like Dan said, everyone is tired of this debate until it's their child who gets shot.
You just believe anything you read, don't you?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:06 am

Penner wrote:Case in point, if you are on a no-fly list, then you can't buy a gun, etc....
Unconstitutional. No due process. Stop being totalitarian.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:08 am

Fife wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:And prohibiting people with mental health issues from gun ownership isn't a form of self defence?
No, in America it's called due process of law. Adjudicate someone as unfit in a court of law, and the state can affect all manner of their civil rights under appropriate circumstances.

Montegriffo wrote:There are ways to defend the population which don't involve giving everyone the right to own firearms. A reasonable one would be to stop people on watch lists from carrying hand guns and ammo through crowded airports.
This is America bub. We don't do things that way here. For starters, the state doesn't "give" us anything.
and roger.

Penner

Post by Penner » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:11 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
Penner wrote:Case in point, if you are on a no-fly list, then you can't buy a gun, etc....
Unconstitutional. No due process. Stop being totalitarian.
So, we can banned people from flying but not ban them from buying a gun?