BLM Blamed for Spike in Deaths of Chicago's Blacks

Ex-California

Re: BLM Blamed for Spike in Deaths of Chicago's Blacks

Post by Ex-California » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:53 am

Montegriffo wrote:
California wrote: People have to travel with guns.

Ever heard of a hunting trip?
Plenty of reasonable ways around that, not allowing ammo to be carried on a plane for example. Also I'm no expert but who hunts with a hand gun?
This whole "not prepared to discuss it" attitude is why in the last 11 years you have had 400 mass killings which is on average once every 12 days.
Like Dan said, everyone is tired of this debate until it's their child who gets shot.
How the fuck are you going to get specialized ammo in a remote location?

That also opens the door for hardcore price gouging
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Penner

Post by Penner » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:32 am

Montegriffo wrote:

Plenty of reasonable ways around that, not allowing ammo to be carried on a plane for example. Also I'm no expert but who hunts with a hand gun?
This whole "not prepared to discuss it" attitude is why in the last 11 years you have had 400 mass killings which is on average once every 12 days.
Like Dan said, everyone is tired of this debate until it's their child who gets shot.
Actually, Sandy Hook happens and people were still more concern about keeping guns. I mean I don't hate nor fear guns but I do think that we can place reasonable expectations on them, that everyone can follow. Case in point, if you are on a no-fly list, then you can't buy a gun, etc....

Most gun owners that I have meet seem like reasonable people and what really stalls this debate is politicians and groups like the NRA that refuse to even listen to anything.

Penner

Post by Penner » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:33 am

California wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

Why not just have the ammo and the gun be carried separate onto the plane? You know like make sure that your guns are not loaded, while they are being transported. IMO, that sounds safe- right?

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:37 am

Penner wrote:Actually, Sandy Hook happens and people were still more concern about keeping guns. I mean I don't hate nor fear guns but I do think that we can place reasonable expectations on them, that everyone can follow. Case in point, if you are on a no-fly list, then you can't buy a gun, etc....

Most gun owners that I have meet seem like reasonable people and what really stalls this debate is politicians and groups like the NRA that refuse to even listen to anything.

It is unreasonable to demand that Americans "listen" to ideas based upon prior restraint of their fundamental human rights.

It's not a fair debate space, and it will be rejected. Forget it.
Last edited by Fife on Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:39 am

Penner wrote:
California wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

Why not just have the ammo and the gun be carried separate onto the plane? You know like make sure that your guns are not loaded, while they are being transported. IMO, that sounds safe- right?
I agree with you, but it won't prevent crazy people from shooting up the place. Laws don't trump Crazy.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:43 am

Penner wrote:
California wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

That's very reasonable. However, people aren't reasonable and are calling for outright bans
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Penner

Post by Penner » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:51 am

California wrote:
Penner wrote:
California wrote: How the fuck are you going to get specialized ammo in a remote location?

That's very reasonable. However, people aren't reasonable and are calling for outright bans
Like no one was calling for banning guns just fucking background checks and also more help to the mentally ill.

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:58 am

Penner wrote:
California wrote:
Penner wrote:
Like no one was calling for banning guns just fucking background checks and also more help to the mentally ill.
Background checks are required in GA before you purchase a gun or receive a concealed carry license. I can't speak for other states.

I don't think throwing more money at "mental health" will really solve anything, because by the time you figure out they're crazy, they've already killed a handful of people. I'm not sure how you proactively fight mental illness.

Penner

Post by Penner » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:07 am

Xenophon wrote:
Penner wrote:
California wrote: That's very reasonable. However, people aren't reasonable and are calling for outright bans
Background checks are required in GA before you purchase a gun or receive a concealed carry license. I can't speak for other states.

I don't think throwing more money at "mental health" will really solve anything, because by the time you figure out they're crazy, they've already killed a handful of people. I'm not sure how you proactively fight mental illness.
You fight mental illness by making sure they get the help they need and if they are violent then maybe the common sense thing to do, in this situation, is to make sure they don't have a gun on them? Most crazy people tend to be harmless and yes, there are other objects that they can use as weapons (like knives, their fists, feet, etc...) but the idea is to try to make it harder for them to hurt people but also to keep them from hurting themselves.

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:11 am

Penner wrote:
Xenophon wrote:
Penner wrote:

You fight mental illness by making sure they get the help they need and if they are violent then maybe the common sense thing to do, in this situation, is to make sure they don't have a gun on them? Most crazy people tend to be harmless and yes, there are other objects that they can use as weapons (like knives, their fists, feet, etc...) but the idea is to try to make it harder for them to hurt people but also to keep them from hurting themselves.
So at the moment, you can't have a crazy person institutionalized?