BLM Blamed for Spike in Deaths of Chicago's Blacks

kybkh

Re: BLM Blamed for Spike in Deaths of Chicago's Blacks

Post by kybkh » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:21 am

BLM is the result of the degradation of the black community. The degradation of the black community is not the result of over policing.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:29 am

kybkh wrote:BLM is the result of the degradation of the black community. The degradation of the black community is not the result of over policing.
There is no "black community" any more than there's a white one. I'm sick of hearing that word abused to create a division. The ignorant bastards don't even realize they're doing it.

Setting one group apart from the rest is exactly the thing that leads to discrimination. Notice how many black girls straighten their hair now, since Michelle became First Lady? That's a positive step towards integration. Lionizing "gangster rap" and pigeon english as some sort of Black People Speech is not.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:36 am

They are a different group. Pretending otherwise is childish and naive.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:23 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:They are a different group. Pretending otherwise is childish and naive.
Do you identify more as American or White?

The answer matters.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:32 pm

Two different things.

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:34 pm

Are you just shitposting Grump?

Do you call yourself an African-American or an American?

At its face value, colorblindness seems like a good thing — really taking MLK seriously on his call to judge people on the content of their character rather than the color of their skin. It focuses on commonalities between people, such as their shared humanity.

However, colorblindness alone is not sufficient to heal racial wounds on a national or personal level. It is only a half-measure that in the end operates as a form of racism.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/cu ... orm-racism

Guess this entire section on Cultural Appropriation is something only ignorant white people could think up...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/cult ... opriation/
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:37 pm

There are nine historically Black Greek letter organizations (BGLOs) that make up the National Pan-Hellenic Council. Collectively, these organizations are referred to as "The Divine Nine." Each of these fraternities and sororities is rich in history - ties to one or more of these organizations may be found in many college-educated Black families in the United States.

http://www.blackgreek.com/

#NotACommunity

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:43 pm

Can go on all day with leftist insisting there is most definitely a "black community".

Are you ready to call all these "black community" organizations ignorant and divisive?

The Black Community Services Center focuses on supporting the total advancement and excellence of Black students and Black student groups within the Stanford community. The guidance and support of the BCSC encompasses the academic, social, cultural, and collective totality of each and every Black experience.

https://bcsc.stanford.edu/

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:46 pm

:lol: The black community isn't a community.

That's rich.

Next thing you'll be telling us there's no such thing as the native indian community either. That's just racism.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:21 pm

kybkh wrote:Can go on all day with leftist insisting there is most definitely a "black community".

Are you ready to call all these "black community" organizations ignorant and divisive?/
Yes.

Not necessarily ignorant, but they're perpetuated by ignorance. Why I've been appointed as some kind of Speaker For the Left is beyond me. I'm not even on the Left.

I think they're the same as labor unions - ostensibly serving a good purpose, but completely corrupt and overreaching. If they really cared about equality, then they'd be encouraging people to integrate into the larger society, not reach for some kind of special "separate but equal" status.

I've met probably 3 actual "African-Americans" in my life, and thousands of black Americans. You're not from fucking Africa, any more than I'm from Germany. I'm an American, and so are you. That's the critical flaw in BLM, and all these other rackets.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace