BLM Blamed for Spike in Deaths of Chicago's Blacks

de officiis

BLM Blamed for Spike in Deaths of Chicago's Blacks

Post by de officiis » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:40 am

Chicago's former top cop claims Black Lives Matter is leading to more black deaths and preventing police from doing their jobs
Former Chicago Superintendent of Police Garry McCarthy said on Sunday that the Black Lives Matter movement is preventing police from doing their jobs

He said that the movement has raised crime rates and is responsible for the rise in 'noncompliance' among citizens

McCarthy's comments come after it was announced that Chicago had one of its most violent years

The city had 762 homicides in 2016, the most in two decades in the city and more than New York and Los Angeles combined

'There has been a political atmosphere of anti-police sentiment that has swept across this country over the last few years,' he said.
'The simplest way to describe it is that we have created an environment where we have emboldened criminals and we are hamstringing the police. That is creating a state of lawlessness.'

He added that the movement was encouraging 'young people not to comply with police and legitimizing that non-compliance.
The former cop added that the movement is also increasing the number of shootings of police officers.
This guy lost his job in 2015 after the police shot Laquan McDonald. I don't much care for the tactics of the BLM movement but it seems to me the problems with gun violence in Chicago run pretty deep, and some scapegoating is going on.

Ex-California

Re: BLM Blamed for Spike in Deaths of Chicago's Blacks

Post by Ex-California » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:52 am

They also said they "can't do their jobs" because of fear of going "viral"

If a cop is doing his job correctly he shouldn't fear any cameras

Where's Myrtok?
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:06 am

Maybe if we start letting the police blast people without fear of repercussions we will see a reduction in 'noncompliance' amongst the citizenry.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:15 am

When you look at Chicago and the YOY rise in shootings, one must ask: What changed in the last 24 months?

Seems all to obvious since Ferguson and similar protest the police have done what they were being asked to do which was arrest fewer black males.

How are you not able to connect the dots between a rise in homicide and a political movement which encourages police to do less policing.

This podcast discussed the issue in Dec-2015 and the hostility towards police has only increased.

Crime rates are rising because of Black Lives Matters.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/15/opini ... .html?_r=0
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:31 am

Nobody can really publicly address the underlying issues without getting attacked as a racist, lose their jobs, and essentially be shunned from society.

So I guess people living in democratic party-controlled cities need to get used to the shootings.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:44 am

Yes, citizens must comply.

That is the cornerstone of civil society. Compliance.

No need to be suspicious of the claims of an ex employee who blames the people who got him fired in the interest of encouraging compliance.

Stand by for further instructions, and be prepared to comply.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:56 am

You listen to that podcast and I keep hearing the BLM advocate saying "WE need to find a way to give kids something to do besides hanging out on the street corner" "WE need to do something to change the communities where all this crime is happen because when all you have is a hammer (police)..."

Who is WE?
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:02 am

Americans?

I don't know man, I just reflexively worry when the suggested solution to problems is eliminating noncompliance.
HAIL!

-Hwen

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:18 am

What can Americans do? Literally, what can we do?

More welfare? More free housing? More free cell phones? Better schools? More jobs?

This used to be my sig so it rings true to me here...

If a nation (community) expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be. Thomas Jefferson

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:19 am

It seems a bit tenuous. Lowering the arrest rate and seeing higher crime rates makes sense, but I'd want to see some actual figures.

also, noncompliance gets people killed.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751