U.S. "retaliates" against Russia

ssu

Re: U.S. "retaliates" against Russia

Post by ssu » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:24 am

I don't watch CNN.

Yeah, sure, they likely are hyping it up with stupidities.

Russia is not at all as dangerous as the Cold War as the Soviet Union was, as Russia is basically a regional power, just like uh... China is close to it's borders. Russia is only powerful in it's own neighbourhood: The Baltics, Ukraine, Georgia, Moldova, the Central Asian Stans. And somewhat a player in the Middle East (with Syria). Doesn't at all have the capability of the Soviet Union. But the thing is that they indeed are active, and will be similarly active in the future.

And now the US has responded, which will make Russia to respond likely by closing some Western venues in Russia and that US diplomatic cadre in Russia gets smaller too. Then life goes on... to wait for Trump administration to get in power.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:26 am

ssu wrote:I don't watch CNN.
CNN is the best baseline for the liberal media narrative, it's not sublte, they're the Fox News of the Blue Team, they cut straight to the chase.

It's the only US news channel that comes with my cable tv package, I wouldn't pay extra for an American news channel, obviously.
Nec Aspera Terrent

ssu

Post by ssu » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:37 am

Well, they love to hate Trump. And likely try to make everything bigger things that they are.
After all, they have a lot of time to spend...

Although I have to say the funniest one of the liberal talking heads has to be Keith Olberman.
He just goes to such epic rage of a tantrum about Trump that I cannot watch him without laughing.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:42 am

We really dodged a bullet in that election, guys.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:43 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
ssu wrote:I don't watch CNN.
CNN is the best baseline for the liberal media narrative, it's not sublte, they're the Fox News of the Blue Team, they cut straight to the chase.

It's the only US news channel that comes with my cable tv package, I wouldn't pay extra for an American news channel, obviously.
I don't... and won't pay for cable TV... not till they start producing real news again...
#NotOneRedCent

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:00 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

@iowahawkblog is about the only thing left on the Twitter.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:51 pm

Fife wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

@iowahawkblog is about the only thing left on the Twitter.

They're ripping off my material. This is horseshit.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:59 pm

Implying Martin is selling our memes.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:09 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Implying Martin is selling our memes.
Nah, he hasn't posted my Nigeria quotes to facebook yet. Yet.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:31 am

Putin came out the winner of this.
We regard the recent unfriendly steps taken by the outgoing US administration as provocative and aimed at further weakening the Russia-US relationship. This runs contrary to the fundamental interests of both the Russian and American people. Considering the global security responsibilities of Russia and the United States, this is also damaging to international relations as a whole.

As it proceeds from international practice, Russia has reasons to respond in kind. Although we have the right to retaliate, we will not resort to irresponsible ‘kitchen’ diplomacy but will plan our further steps to restore Russian-US relations based on the policies of the Trump Administration.

The diplomats who are returning to Russia will spend the New Year’s holidays with their families and friends. We will not create any problems for US diplomats. We will not expel anyone. We will not prevent their families and children from using their traditional leisure sites during the New Year’s holidays. Moreover, I invite all children of US diplomats accredited in Russia to the New Year and Christmas children’s parties in the Kremlin.

It is regrettable that the Obama Administration is ending its term in this manner. Nevertheless, I offer my New Year greetings to President Obama and his family.

My season’s greetings also to President-elect Donald Trump and the American people.

I wish all of you happiness and prosperity.
http://en.kremlin.ru/events/president/news/53678

Instead, we have an affirmative action hire throwing a tantrum and trying to derail relations between the two major nuclear powers because his legacy is in ruins.