California legalizes Child Prostitution?! (Please tell me this is fake news)

LVH2

Re: California legalizes Child Prostitution?! (Please tell me this is fake news)

Post by LVH2 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:14 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Mercury wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

Now here is a question, what happens if the child goes back out and does it again? On their own, willingly?
I guess, as with women who keep hooking up with guys who beat them, or junkies, you offer assistance and hope for the best.

Putting them in jail and giving them a record seems like a good way to push them back into prostitution.

Zlaxer

Re: California legalizes Child Prostitution?! (Please tell me this is fake news)

Post by Zlaxer » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:15 pm

LVH2 wrote:Without further examination, my guess is that legal penalties would fall onto the pimps and johns, while minors might be handed over to social workers or something.
What if the minor is self employed? :Hiding:

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:32 pm

Mercury wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Wasn't there already laws on the books for this already?
If I'm getting it right, it sounds like the only change would be that minors are not arrested, and therefore face no legal consequences.

But they are to be taken in for a 72 hour civil detention and could be made wards of the court. It removes the criminal charge and diverts them into the civil system. Councilling, foster care or some other remedy will be their consequence instead of facing jail time.

LVH2

Post by LVH2 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:13 pm

So I guess to answer the other question, the site where the article was posted would seem to be Bullshit.

I wouldn't say fake news, as the legislation did take place.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:32 pm

LVH2 wrote:So I guess to answer the other question, the site where the article was posted would seem to be Bullshit.

Yeah, I read through the actual bill because my wife was talking about it. Travis comes off as all hat and no cattle.

https://www.facebook.com/JoinTravisAllen/

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:06 am

Haumana wrote:
LVH2 wrote:So I guess to answer the other question, the site where the article was posted would seem to be Bullshit.

Yeah, I read through the actual bill because my wife was talking about it. Travis comes off as all hat and no cattle.

https://www.facebook.com/JoinTravisAllen/
That is what I was hoping, because I couldn't (well I could) Imagine California loosing all credibility that fast...
#NotOneRedCent