California legalizes Child Prostitution?! (Please tell me this is fake news)

The Conservative

California legalizes Child Prostitution?! (Please tell me this is fake news)

Post by The Conservative » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:11 pm

Please tell me I am wrong and this is not a real news site... because I can't believe this actually passed in any state. (makes my stomach churn thinking about it)

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/calif ... le/2610540
SB 1322 bars law enforcement from arresting sex workers who are under the age of 18 for soliciting or engaging in prostitution, or loitering with the intent to do so. So teenage girls (and boys) in California will soon be free to have sex in exchange for money without fear of arrest or prosecution.
#NotOneRedCent

LVH2

Re: California legalizes Child Prostitution?! (Please tell me this is fake news)

Post by LVH2 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:16 pm

Without further examination, my guess is that legal penalties would fall onto the pimps and johns, while minors might be handed over to social workers or something.

The Conservative

Re: California legalizes Child Prostitution?! (Please tell me this is fake news)

Post by The Conservative » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:18 pm

LVH2 wrote:Without further examination, my guess is that legal penalties would fall onto the pimps and johns, while minors might be handed over to social workers or something.
This seems wrong on so many levels...
#NotOneRedCent

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:48 pm

Why would you want exploited kids arrested? By definition, a crime is being perpetrated upon child prostitutes, not the other way around.
:royalty-queen:

Mercury

Post by Mercury » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:51 pm

A little more info:

http://sd30.senate.ca.gov/news/press-re ... re-no-such
SB 1322 decriminalizes prostitution charges for minors. It requires that law enforcement continue to immediately report allegations of commercial sexual exploitation involving juveniles to agencies charged with protecting and counseling them. Courts would still be responsible for overseeing the care that trafficked youths receive while they remain underage, in the absence of responsible parents or guardians.
With sad countenance and downcast eyes, Aeneas wends his way, quitting the cavern, and ponders in his mind the dark issues.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:56 pm

Mercury wrote:A little more info:

SB 1322 decriminalizes prostitution charges for minors. It requires that law enforcement continue to immediately report allegations of commercial sexual exploitation involving juveniles to agencies charged with protecting and counseling them. Courts would still be responsible for overseeing the care that trafficked youths receive while they remain underage, in the absence of responsible parents or guardians.
Wasn't there already laws on the books for this already?
#NotOneRedCent

Mercury

Post by Mercury » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:59 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Mercury wrote:A little more info:

If I'm getting it right, it sounds like the only change would be that minors are not arrested, and therefore face no legal consequences.
With sad countenance and downcast eyes, Aeneas wends his way, quitting the cavern, and ponders in his mind the dark issues.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:03 pm

Mercury wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
If I'm getting it right, it sounds like the only change would be that minors are not arrested, and therefore face no legal consequences.

Now here is a question, what happens if the child goes back out and does it again? On their own, willingly?
#NotOneRedCent

Mercury

Post by Mercury » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:08 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Mercury wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

Now here is a question, what happens if the child goes back out and does it again? On their own, willingly?
What do you think should happen? Should the kid go to juvey?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:29 pm

No point in criminalizing victims. Throw adults who would pimp or buy sex with children into prison, while rescuing the kids from the street.