Memory Hole Activate!

Okeefenokee

Re: Memory Hole Activate!

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:11 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:You know..

I see profit to be had here. One could gather the necessary capital to purchase suitable warehousing for the books, get onto various state library loan systems, and charge a flat weekly rate to borrow books that are difficult to find.

You are basically targeting university libraries and researchers who might need these books for projects or reference, and their libraries fucked them, but you have the goods, for a fee.

You could even sell it to these libraries by offering to come and pick up the books yourselves. All they need to do is set aside the books, you will come and get them, and pay them some discount on the value of the books.

The kicker here is that a lot of books that professors and researchers often want are in very low print. So if you can manage to corner the market on those books, you can make a decent amount of money leasing them out.
What's the difference between that and the online databases that college students have access to? Seems to me schools are already paying these people to maintain these digital libraries.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Penner

Re: Memory Hole Activate!

Post by Penner » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:58 am

de officiis wrote:I'm a sucker for a good used book store. There's nothing better than winding your way through a maze of narrow pathways surrounded by shelf upon shelf of books, seeking out a hidden gem.

That looks a lot like the used book store that I visited on Wednesday. Although, it was in Pittsburgh and not the DC area.