Obama bans oil drilling 'permanently' in millions of acres of ocean

Okeefenokee

Re: Obama bans oil drilling 'permanently' in millions of acres of ocean

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:47 pm

No shit. Take a trip to the third world and see how many fucks they give for the environment.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:52 pm

If the EU falls apart I can't see all the nations voluntarily keeping the best environmental policies. The developing world are still a long way behind with their carbon footprints for now so it's down to us till they catch up. That's the worst thing, energy consumption will rise without any further population rises as they start to get more electric goods. Probably all fucked really, makes me glad I don't have children sometimes.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:55 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:No shit. Take a trip to the third world and see how many fucks they give for the environment.
When you are struggling for survival you don't have the luxury of caring for the environment. It's up to us spoilt rich first worlders to set an example. You are just a selfish prick.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:56 pm

Probably all fucked really, makes me glad I don't have children sometimes.

Wall.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:57 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Even Hitler loved the environment mate. Think on that.
Not just the Fuhrer, the whole party was Green, they passed the world's first ever environmental laws in 1935

Legislated the "protection of the flora and fauna", conservation of "unique natural phenomena of scientific importance and of aesthetic and cultural value", to include "the Reich's celebrated forests", as "central to the German national identity".

Authorized the state to expropriate land for the sake of such reserves without providing any compensation to the owners of the land, regulated for the prevention of air pollution, forbade the slaughtering of animals that had not been previously anaesthetized, fixed limits for experiments on animals, promoted organic agriculture, encouraged the use of manual labour in small farms instead of heavy machinery.

The Brownshirts, were the original Green Party.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:09 pm

This was recently discovered in Germany and chopped down. It actually takes a fair degree of forestry know how to do this two weeks out of the year. Yes this is from the "Nazis" during the Third Reich.

Penner

Post by Penner » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:13 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Image

This was recently discovered in Germany and chopped down. It actually takes a fair degree of forestry know how to do this two weeks out of the year.

I think Nazi did that back in the 1930s as part of their propaganda and yeah, they were probably part of the German Nazi forestry. No surprised at all. All of those old dictators- no matter how evil- at least had some of their shit together, in the being. Then it all went downhill and the Soviets came to rape them all.
Reports say the larches were planted in 1938. It is unclear how the trees came to be planted and arranged in such a fashion. It seems they were planted in commemoration of Adolf Hitler's birthday, either by local Hitler Youth members[1] or by a warden.[2]

For a few weeks every year in the autumn and in the spring, the colour of the larch leaves would change, contrasting with the deep green of the pine forest.[2] The short duration of the effect, combined with the fact that the image could only be discerned from the air and the relative scarcity of privately owned airplanes in the area, meant that the swastika went largely unnoticed after the fall of the Nazi Party. During the subsequent Communist period, Soviet authorities reportedly knew of its existence but made no effort to remove it.[3] However, in 1992, the reunified German government ordered aerial surveys of all state-owned land. The photographs were examined by forestry students, who immediately noticed the design.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forest_swastika

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:15 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Image
In sanskrit, it actually means "well being".
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:17 pm

It's also done in reverse in meso America but I've yet to understand why.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:25 pm

I don't think the Navajo whirling logs and such are related to the sanskrit, probably just coincidental.
Nec Aspera Terrent