Obama bans oil drilling 'permanently' in millions of acres of ocean

Smitty-48

Re: Obama bans oil drilling 'permanently' in millions of acres of ocean

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:40 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:Nah fuck this. I'm going to take nuclear's side because it's implicitly white. You can't run a nuclear plant without white people. We'll hold a fucking dead man's switch over all your asses.

Nuclear.
All you'll do is bankrupt yourserlf paying to upkeep the plants and store the waste, resulting in more white people laid off in the end, when the government goes into a fiscal crisis and just starts tossing them overboard left and right.
So natural gas and oil are still the best non-hydro energy options in Canada for the foreseeable future, despite the envirobolshies clamoring for "green energy". They might want to get their "green energy" to actually be economically viable in comparison to the alternatives before demanding we ditch fossil fuels altogether, but they'd rather throw the baby out with the bathwater instead. They never were a smart lot.
The silver lining is that there is no more wriggle room, they're out of time and space, this thing is blowing itself up, in real time, the Envirobolshies have shot themselves in the foot for literally generations to come, imagine after this thing comes crashing down around the public's ears, which the public have now begun to recognize is happening, somebody running again on Green Energy anytime soon?

The only thing we're going to have the liberals to thank for, is that they made their own Green Energy schemes politically radioactive for decades to come. Gonna take decades just to dig out of the hole they've dug, never mind resume the digging.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:43 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:thanks to EU legislation.

So what you're saying is you need a pan European government run by an unelected Euracratic elite from Brussels to tell you insulation is worth your money? Wow. You guys deserve to be invaded by Muslims. You're clearly not that bright.
No, what I'm saying is you need tight regulations to force the construction industry make houses up to standard. Otherwise they cut corners and it costs more to insulate later rather than at the build stage.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Penner

Post by Penner » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:49 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:If you want to slow down fossil fuel consumption, the invent economical electric automobile and train engines. Give us vehicles on par with fossil fuel-based automobiles -- i.e. they should have decent performance and ranges over 300 miles. They should cost about the same.

That's the way to do it right there. We have one corporation trying to do it already, but costs are really high.

You can't solve this with your leftist, totalitarian instincts to control everybody. You have to do it economically.
You should watch this video:

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:59 pm

Penner wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:If you want to slow down fossil fuel consumption, the invent economical electric automobile and train engines. Give us vehicles on par with fossil fuel-based automobiles -- i.e. they should have decent performance and ranges over 300 miles. They should cost about the same.

That's the way to do it right there. We have one corporation trying to do it already, but costs are really high.

You can't solve this with your leftist, totalitarian instincts to control everybody. You have to do it economically.
You should watch this video:

Yeah, I saw that doc. It would have more credence if we didn't currently have electric cars that aren't taking over the market. They aren't. The claims of that doc fall apart when you look at the Prius and how it isn't wiping the floor with gas cars. If the claims of that doc were true, no one would be buying anything other than electric cars, because their claims made it look like electric cars were cheaper and better than gas, but they aren't. Even GM is making electric cars now, but their electrics aren't even making a dent. If they were cheaper and better than gas cars, people would be buying them up by the dozen, but they aren't, so they aren't.

There's been other car hoaxes before, as well.

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:01 pm

Penner the Leftard wrote: You should watch this video:
Read this before you do;

http://www.sjsu.edu/faculty/watkins/electriccar.htm
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:03 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:thanks to EU legislation.

So what you're saying is you need a pan European government run by an unelected Euracratic elite from Brussels to tell you insulation is worth your money? Wow. You guys deserve to be invaded by Muslims. You're clearly not that bright.
No, what I'm saying is you need tight regulations to force the construction industry make houses up to standard. Otherwise they cut corners and it costs more to insulate later rather than at the build stage.
That doesn't make sense. If I don't want to pay out the ass for an energy bill I'm going to make damn sure I'm insulated and if I do my due diligence and find out some Mexicans built my shit with subpar materials I'm making sure they don't construct so much as a dog house ever again.

The only thing I think this legislation is applicable is to the public sector for building houses for Somalians in Sweden or something. Yeah. They better not skimp. Fucking charge the tax payers not once for the public project but twice for the free energy while they laugh all the way to the bank. Yeah a lot of graft occurs in public construction. There should be laws against that. That seems like common sense not something I would need an overbearing Wurocrat to tell me.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:20 pm

Most buildings in the UK are off the shelf houses so the buyer has little input in the design and build quality.
Without tight regulations the builders would spend less on insulation and maximise their profits. House prices bear little relation to the build costs and are priced according to the market value. We have some off the smallest and most expensive houses anywhere.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:26 pm

Hmm

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:31 pm

A lot of great environmental policies came out of Brussels. Generally well enforced in this country too, one of the worst consequences of leaving for me personally. I can only hope they will be kept up after we leave.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:45 pm

Nah fuck them. You'll be better off going it your own way mate. Worked for us didn't it? Fuck them. Dictating environmental policy from internationalist levels is a recipe for failure. Look man. We all like the environment. We really all do. But those third worlders don't give a shit for it. You really want to bring them to the fucking table to discuss our energy needs and our love of environment? They'll fucking rape you and those Eurocrats won't give one single fuck all the way to the bank. Even Hitler loved the environment mate. Think on that.